Friday night is nightride night!

Re:

prob around 6.45 i reckoned. Mind you the forecast is for rain and 20+mph winds so was kinda on the swither as to whether it would be worth it.

Re: Friday night is nightride night! 2016

So as the nichts are fair drawin in, i thought I'd kick off the night ride season with a blast down at glentress.

so plan would be for Friday 14th October, meeting around 6.45-7pm in the carpark for the usual blue and red route mix.

anybody fancy it??

Re:

Can't make this one unfortunately. I have an uplift day at Inners on the Saturday. Keep posting though. It'd be great to get to some.

Re:

Following on from Plough Boys night ride post that perennial question rears its ugly head again, LIGHTS can anybody shed some light on the subject. What's new on the light scene?

Good link that John!

I'd add battery packs can be the weak link when you buy a set of cheapo LEDs. To save money, they tend to re-package recycled cells from laptops. Worth investing in decent batteries (4 x Panasonic 18650 cells) and a waterproof battery holder. Higher the mAH rating the better.

Re:

Aldis did an mtb light for 39 beer vouchers,I got one and so far so good
Very bright dazzle a car full of coppers the other week nay bother :facepalm:

Re:

Been for my 1st night ride of the season. Dug out the eBay Chinese Cree LED lights I bought about 2 years ago, still bright as feck! Still seem to hold their charge ok too.
Think they were £20 (with a free rear LED light! that's also still working).

GT is probably a bit far for me for a night ride though :(

Edit: these lights... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4000Lm-3X-CRE ... 3f5721f374

"waterproofed" the battery pack with tape, held onto the frame with the velcro strap and cable ties.
There's better lights out there now I imagine, LED's seem to keep improving all the time, but these were a bargain, lasted 2 years so far and are plenty bright enough for off-road riding, more like a car headlight than a bike light, certainly surprised a few people out on the trails this evening :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back