Frame numbers Rocky Mountain

RockiMtn":1ifqb2ao said:
My 92 Blizzard has I9112 9335
94 has none, but then again it has a mysterious origin to it.
95 I believe has a serial number starting with B.

FC… where's your thread for you recently acquired Altitude, eh???

er waiting for me to look at the bike.

Mine's same format as Matthew71- 93 Blizzard...
RMD000 ?7?

....and i never noticed it before, but a huge Ritchey stamp underneath...
Don't think it has his dropouts though.

I might be able to get some more in the next few days; 94 Fusion, and 93 Ti Bolt, weather permitting :roll:

Anthony":2jpmrjbu said:
captaincosmic":2jpmrjbu said:
Aha so my T is an I then
You have a T and seven numerals. Everybody else has an I and eight numerals.

Except for the 93 Blizzard, which has a completely different format and coincidentally or otherwise was also the only Rocky to have True Temper tubes, to the best of my knowledge.

I've seen pics with a the same T serial setup, scraped off to bare metal to show it.

It seems I was wrong with the serial number of my '92 Blizzard.... :roll:

I spent some time this morning polishing the frame, so I took a good look at the serial number which I thought starts with an 'I'. But when you really look good, it's not an 'I' but a 'T'... I believe. Very, very hard to see but I put my money on the 'T'.

I've tried to make a picture of it, as proof, and played in the photo editor with brightness, grey scale and contrast, to get as much information out of the pic as possible.

Here's prerequisite A:

P1010273.JPG

Tell me what you think :)

I think you've got an ISIS bottom bracket in an old Rocky :roll: < says the man with a HTII in an older one :oops: >

It's a T, you could take flash angle shots from different angles around the picture and then build it a relief map overlaying them.
Some pics here of another one, if you look along the pics you should see another shot
http://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/418304
Also the split format is different to my I all one long number format.

Somebody in Canada have a Chat with Rocky too see what these means.
So far I know they've been able to date a 1993 Altitude and say it was a uk team bike (the one a while on ebay) and date a 1991 Altitude to the month (july '91 I think, on this forum) it was made.
So they must have some records they have kept.

FluffyChicken":l35xladj said:
I think you've got an ISIS bottom bracket in an old Rocky :roll: < says the man with a HTII in an older one :oops: >

:LOL:

Wait until you see the V-brakes :D

rocky

captaincosmic":25u0dc5a said:
My 95 blizzard seems to have no numbers at all ?

that,s because it,s a kona steve :LOL:
just pulled my rocky 92 stratos out and the number is 9110671 , dose that mean it was made in november 91 ? or do rocky just stamp anything they feel like on the ? and anthony stated the 93 blizzard is true temper 3x butted steel

troje":1lnwoe5q said:
It does look like a T, but you are the best placed to judge. Shine a torch on it, not down onto it but along the surface, from all angles. You can tell much more easily then.

Maybe all of the I numbers that have been reported here are actually Ts?

Re: rocky

matthew71":2fzullza said:
captaincosmic":2fzullza said:
My 95 blizzard seems to have no numbers at all ?

that,s because it,s a kona steve :LOL:
just pulled my rocky 92 stratos out and the number is 9110671 , dose that mean it was made in november 91 ? or do rocky just stamp anything they feel like on the ? and anthony stated the 93 blizzard is true temper 3x butted steel

The YYMM format seems to be found consistently in many Rocky frames. But 9110 would rather be October 1991 :)

Anthony":iqygacnf said:
troje":iqygacnf said:
It does look like a T, but you are the best placed to judge. Shine a torch on it, not down onto it but along the surface, from all angles. You can tell much more easily then.

Maybe all of the I numbers that have been reported here are actually Ts?

So we have to re-write the history books? :)

Back