FRAME ID -NO PHOTO'S

FINNEY1973

Senior Retro Guru
Evening once again,

laptop failure has meant my usual dose of RB had been cut-off, all is now well with the laptop, although the wallet has been lightened somewhat. Now the mobile has had a hissy fit - hence no photos.

bit of a long shot this one. I've picked up a lo-pro frame of sorts; it's 700C at both ends so not really a lo-pro,though it does have a curved top tube. It's tatty to say the least, needs a re-spray. However, I have no idea of the maker though it is well constructed with some nice touches.

Here's the rundown:
[*]Columbus dropouts, rear is semi-vertical and has dropout adjusters. 130mm width.
[*]Cinelli spoiler BB shell. No frame number, although DD or OO or 00 is stamped into the right hand side of the shell. It could also be two squares? English threaded.
[*]Spearpoint lugs with teardrop cut-outs, though the forks are lugless. 472 written in marker pen on the steerer tube.
[*]No chainstay bridge.
[*]Originally built with only the right hand side downtube boss, the left hand side has since been riveted on implying it was built for a single front ring.
[*]Fastback seatstay arrangement.

Difficult I know, but from the above are there any standout clues that may point to the builder?

Cheers in advance for the unlikely event someone may just be able to throw a hat on this one.

Back