Frame from the US

Carsten":2nkyqhc4 said:
..and i also got somewhat demotivated to help out when items that were urgently needed for a project all in a sudden showed up on ebay and were flipped with a nice gain.

carsten

That is not nice. Actually quite anti-social :roll:

Carsten... driving to the post office and standing inline there for half an hour or more is worth a bit too. at least to me ;) carsten[/quote said:
Yeah but you do USPS from home on line you get 10% off and you can order it picked up or if you go to the counter you don't even need to wait it line just slide it up on the counter smile at the clerks and say it's all ready to go and walk out.

gm1230126":93c0rzm5 said:
Carsten... driving to the post office and standing inline there for half an hour or more is worth a bit too. at least to me ;) carsten[/quote:93c0rzm5 said:
Yeah but you do USPS from home home on line you get 10% off and you can order it picked up or if you go to the counter you don't even need to wait it line just slide it up on the counter smile at the clerks and say it's all ready to go and walk out.

i know but is your scale at home in perfect agreement with the USPS scale? also they may not agree how you measured the box, how the customs forms are filled out etc. i had some issues and won't take the risk that the parcel is rejected after i have paid and it left my hands. it works well for shipments within the US but large and heavy international shipments i prefer to have checked and accepted before i pay.

carsten

Carsten":1d5nhtur said:
gm1230126":1d5nhtur said:
Carsten... driving to the post office and standing inline there for half an hour or more is worth a bit too. at least to me ;) carsten[/quote:1d5nhtur said:
Yeah but you do USPS from home home on line you get 10% off and you can order it picked up or if you go to the counter you don't even need to wait it line just slide it up on the counter smile at the clerks and say it's all ready to go and walk out.

i know but is your scale at home in perfect agreement with the USPS scale? also they may not agree how you measured the box, how the customs forms are filled out etc. i had some issues and won't take the risk that the parcel is rejected after i have paid and it left my hands. it works well for shipments within the US but large and heavy international shipments i prefer to have checked and accepted before i pay.

carsten

I have two scales a Pelouze 5lb digital and a 50lb Berkeley Digital fish scale. I took both of them in and my postmaster pulled out his tear weights and checked them. Even the 24.99 Berkeley Digital fish scale is only off by one ounce at 50lbs. I've never been questioned on measuring or scaling a box yet...not once. It's 108" length and girth you can make your own string that long or buy a chain. With the amount I shipped this year that 10% adds upto hundreds of dollars. The savings helps pay for the packing tape which certainly isn't free...at least not anymore.

Back