Fork mounted cable hangers ? Help

I've purchased a custom brass bush for a machine from this chap, it was well made, accurate and a quick turnaround.

Plenty of other offers on there too.
Thanks for that - I’ll take a look.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Does the shoulder on the bush not provide a bearing surface and also set the linear clearance for the cantilever pivot?
I’ll take a picture of the instructions
Thing is - this was £5.99 inc postage so not a big deal

Pro's and cons:

@legrandefromage suggestion to drill fork
Pro's: cheap, fast, stronger/more rigid platform for the pivot.
Cons: modification to frame, new fixing required.

@novocaine shim suggestion
Pros: cheap, fast, beverage consumption, retains existing fixing, no frame modification.
Cons: fit on primary brake pivot might be sub-optimal, possible shim degradation/corrosion over the long term(?), retains smaller fixing

New bush suggestion:
Pros: no frame modification, retains fixing
Cons: expensive, slow, weaker fixing

My money would be on the top one but appreciate you might not want to modify a nice fork.

Pro's and cons:

@legrandefromage suggestion to drill fork
Pro's: cheap, fast, stronger/more rigid platform for the pivot.
Cons: modification to frame, new fixing required.

@novocaine shim suggestion
Pros: cheap, fast, beverage consumption, retains existing fixing, no frame modification.
Cons: fit on primary brake pivot might be sub-optimal, possible shim degradation/corrosion over the long term(?), retains smaller fixing

New bush suggestion:
Pros: no frame modification, retains fixing
Cons: expensive, slow, weaker fixing

My money would be on the top one but appreciate you might not want to modify a nice fork.
Thanks
When the cantis arrive sometime this week I’m going to try the beer can one and also with some M5 washers on either side of the thing -
See if it’s worth it
Otherwise I’ll probably stick to a stem mounted one - even though that sort of spoils the look of the headset and stem set up

Alternatively I could just forgo cantis and use V Brakes - I’ve some FRM DP4 and with a ‘travel agent’ I could use the FRM canti levers with them.

Here’s the schematic / instructions FED3AF90-BF12-432D-9EE2-EC122C8D62BF.jpeg

I think you should definitely use the canti's and dispose of those awful FRM DP4's in my direction! 😂

Not a huge fan of travel agents both functionally and aesthetically but they do achieve a purpose. Had them on a folder with road brifters and v's and never loved the set-up.

I think you should definitely use the canti's and dispose of those awful FRM DP4's in my direction! 😂

Not a huge fan of travel agents both functionally and aesthetically but they do achieve a purpose. Had them on a folder with road brifters and v's and never loved the set-up.
Great idea - send me your address and I’ll post these hideous things out immediately 576D9691-D345-437F-8DB6-34C27D4ECE09.jpeg

But you’re right - the look with the travel agents or even the flash looking Tiso P-Pue would be OTT on an older slim frame like I’m fitting up

This is the hanger I have - it’s an ITM but needs some autosol and a polish - I think a Paul Funky Monkey would look better with the sandblasted finish and would not cover the headset DAF5BCA1-5015-414E-ACF5-4C218121AD47.jpeg

Back