Fork mounted cable hangers ? Help

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I bought this Tektro one but the bolt is too big for the hole at the top of the rigid fork
The bolt is M6 but the hole seems like M5 (5mm thread on a caliper)
E3380F94-E1E4-41E1-8CDE-1ED5154ABDCA.jpeg
My only option would be to replace the bolt and the bushing sleeve which goes into the thing.
What are those sleeves called?
Or has anyone any other ideas about fork mounted canti hangers ?
The Coda ones are quite nice but I doubt they’re available much
Or any others ?
A2A064D9-46B0-40EF-B0F3-54FBA58F97CB.jpeg 5414E2B7-D984-4A78-A85D-F19F21EE70C8.jpeg

....or just bolt it in with a smaller bolt anyway, the hanger works off the brass bit

it will be stable if you use one of these as well

L1070061-e1403034344219.jpg

....or just bolt it in with a smaller bolt anyway, the hanger works off the brass bit

it will be stable if you use one of these as well

L1070061-e1403034344219.jpg
I have the correct bolt (almost - it’s shorter by 5mm but more than long enough ) but the problem now is the brass bit is a bit wide
I might pop down the B&Q or somewhere to see if they sell these brass bushings / reducers 10mm to 5mm E5D0B7BD-48E7-4969-9899-02743A44C320.jpeg

Still available, typically search words "power hanger" or "trailgator Cantilever adapter" should bring some results like those

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Still available, typically search words "power hanger" or "trailgator Cantilever adapter" should bring some results like those

Problem is the bolts and supplied washers and bushings are M6.

Even the Tektro fork mounted cable hanger SJS sell is M6 bolt

So I’ve abandoned this and just going to stick to a normal stem mounted cable hanger

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've purchased a custom brass bush for a machine from this chap, it was well made, accurate and a quick turnaround.

Plenty of other offers on there too.

Back