For those who can and cannot play a guitar...

Re:

I can imagine Jimi would have appreciated Rory, and I remember the story about him rating Billy Gibbons. He was a true gent. I was very fortunate to meet Noel a few times, and entertain him with some tall tales of goings on in modern music.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":120ja9ib said:
I can imagine Jimi would have appreciated Rory, and I remember the story about him rating Billy Gibbons. He was a true gent. I was very fortunate to meet Noel a few times, and entertain him with some tall tales of goings on in modern music.
Speaking of Jimi, he was always something of a mystery to me - I never really listened to him much, although my brother was a big fan - but then he played the guitar.

So... here's a video of Vika playing All Along the Watchtower - what's the verdict from the Jimi massif - can she listen to Jimi, but cannot hear him (kudos if you get the tenuous film link...), or is it a decent rendition?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXqrljGPFZc[/youtube]

highlandsflyer":l617naft said:
Who is Vika?
Very accomplished classical pianist (conservatory, award winning), who's since turned to playing rock type covers / interpretations.

edit: sorry, didn't mean to imply I have any connection or know her personally, she's just generally referred to as Vika (think she's Russian, so her full name is perhaps nothing like as easy to type!)

Re:

Nice playing but a bit skinny though. Needs some steak.

The trouble with good playing on any instrument is that when it is done well it can look unimpressive which of course couldn't be further from the truth.

Re:

What are you chaps playing?Im mainly acoustic and have been playing Ovation for years.1990 1768 Elite and a recent very nice 2058 Elite 12 string.I pine for a White Falcon though.

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":3sktmqja said:
What are you chaps playing?Im mainly acoustic and have been playing Ovation for years.1990 1768 Elite and a recent very nice 2058 Elite 12 string.I pine for a White Falcon though.
I've got a couple of Strats a Fender one and a Squier, and a Les Paul copy. Played through a 100w solid state Marshall with a couple of pedals. I'd like to get hold of an Ibanez Artist or a Gretsh ProJet. But this cycling hobby we share seems to take up more of my funds and time right now.

mike

I have a strat, tele, ovation, and an epi les Paul. Rarely pick them up these days. Fender valve, Marshall acoustic amp and a vox.

Back