For those who can and cannot play a guitar...

Seen Buddy many times, and he is off sometimes to be on so very good.

Look out the film Festival Express for some very visceral Buddy.

Also there is some shindig where Clapton is wanking on and Buddy imitates him in mockery. Priceless.

Re:

Buddy's biography is also a very good read, very humbling given the era and lifestyle of his family.

mike

Re:

I get the impression when watching Tina play that these videos are for her, the equivalent of Neil's endless scales, a means to an end. In the Comfortably Numb solo there are glimpses in her phrasing and articulation, even though it is a facsimile of Gilmour's, of her real ability. I'm sure her aloofness and seeming reliance on technique stem from being trained to peform pieces rather then compose. A quick google search indicates that she has spent the last year working on nothing but technique.

The first 7 or 8 bars of Two Fools a Minute are what I love about Vai...pure funk.

Technical and pure emotion, look no further then the purple one....

3RDEYEGIRL - Let's Go Crazy (Manchester, UK - Feb…: http://youtu.be/YMABC22tfwg

His wanking on While My Guitar Gently Weeps is pretty much the go to for emotional playing. Beggars belief how one man can have so much talent.

Re:

When Hendrix was asked what was it like to be considered the best guitarist in the world his reply-"I dunno go ask Rory Gallagher".It may be legend but God he`s good.

That is amusing, given I jammed with a band called Blues N'Trouble back in the 80s whose keyboard player was ex Rory's band.
My first proper band was named after a Rory tune too!

Didn't know Hendrix said such a thing though, and I am a major Hendrix-file!

highlandsflyer":31p2szqw said:
His wanking on While My Guitar Gently Weeps is pretty much the go to for emotional playing. Beggars belief how one man can have so much talent.

Plus his choice of ladies...im sure he can get women pregnant by just looking at them...

highlandsflyer":2kqag7a4 said:
That is amusing, given I jammed with a band called Blues N'Trouble back in the 80s whose keyboard player was ex Rory's band.
My first proper band was named after a Rory tune too!

Didn't know Hendrix said such a thing though, and I am a major Hendrix-file!
Some say he said some not,google it.I believe it as Noel Reading(RIP) who spent half of his life in Cork has said that Jimi was a big fan.

Back