FOD Wild Boar Chase - May 18th 2014

Re:

Can't beat a spot of sunshine to help the day along :cool: first time I've ever ridden with it being anything like dry in the Forest. Although we still got muddy and found plenty of wet slippy bits too. Bike is seriously dusty now though - it looks ace! :LOL:

Had an eye out for you GM but no luck spotting. We were loitering at the back most of the day so guess you were speeding on ahead...

Gav's '85 Diamond Back didn't half attract some attention too, everyone loves a retro :)

Re:

Hi Pete,

Im sorry I missed both of you :( I was up front avoiding the dithering with our heads down, Was a great day, although one bit was not good , On the meandering downhill fire track road there was a nasty off, one of the riders went straight into the big girder barrier gate and was in a bad state, It looks as if they had not opened one of the gates which happened to be after a flowing downhill right on a blind bend :( Bad marshalling IMO and it should have had a warning in place on the bend or a marshall, we spoke with the Medics at the finish and he was taken to hospital and was thankfully ok with some boken bones.... does make you think

Fair play to you riding retro, I did last year but after last weeks epic voyage on the falcon I gave in and wore the shirt ;) I did shout to chappy all lycra'd up riding an old dawes with 200gs, he was motoring !

See you both at MM i guess :cool:

Back