First Year for the Spinargy Carbon Fiber 4 spoke wheel ????

Chris McIntyre

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
I Finnaly found and have restored a 1992 Diamond Back Apex to all original with a couple time period correct upgrades / compromises. I picked the Apex because it was the first real MTB i purchased new when I was 14. It brings back the first memories of mountain biking, not to mention it was a great bike for the money. But I have a dilemma. I have an old spinergy rev x carbon rear wheel that would look cool on the apex. I know usually this wheel is way to high end for this caliber of bike for that time but it fits now with the old school look and gives it some old nostalgia. Would any one object or should I keep it OG. I also have a set 1992 XTR 180 cranks I could install. The only thing is the current DX cranks are in perfect condition. They are a 9.5 on a scale from 1 to 10. Should I upgrade to the XTR (which still have the XTR decal but a little beet from gen use) or keep the perfect DX cranks? any know what year the spinergy came out?
Thanks,

We all hate Spinergys at Retrobike.

But to answer your question, Rev X MTB wheels are way too late for your bike if you want to keep it reasonable period correct.

They're around 95/6

Back