Firefox users

agree with you chris . i prefer the idea that someone does the software in their free time on their own accord , after all we do stuff we want to at home better than at work where someone has given us constraints

i think of opensource as having the option ( if you know how ) to program something to make your life easier ( computer is a tool after all ) if someone else could benefit from what you had made , have it to use as you see fit . i really dont like the idea of using my stuff under the watchful eye of a corporation whose only intent is to sell me stuff

im happy to have a few niggles in firefox for that reason . i wear my tinfoil hat under a normal hat , less obvious :LOL:

chris667":3bcc2qej said:
I'm not about to start wearing a tinfoil helmet or anything

That's the third thing I've read on here today that has had me laughing out loud, cheers Chris.

I think I'm going to go to bed and have an early night, this place has obviously got to me.

I tried an early version of Chrome. A hideous experience. Never again.

It drove me and my laptop crazy - for about 30 minutes - until I un-installed the piece of crap and went back to Firefox.

Re. open-source: Those people have a point to prove: They would love to break the dominance of Microsoft and Google etc. So bugs and known issues are GENERALLY tweaked and patched as quickly as possible - rather than ignored until a few months later, as with the big boys.

That's the benefit of a global network of computer geeks, striving to improve a product. Although in some cases (example Open Office), many of their developers are salaried Sun Systems programmers, rather than just geeks doing it in their spare time.

FluffyChicken":35vik8kk said:
I've been using the FireFox beta's for some time, they are faster than the 3.0 versions. Stable as anything so far as well.

I moved back to 3.0.10 on one computer and it's sooo slow at things and not having the new tab button is so irritating.

I'll give it a go then.

It's either that or I'll have to go back to Opera.

Back