Finsbury Park mosque attacked by terrorist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

The point is, even tho and in spite of as you say, falling sales and circulation, only a tiny handful of people read the likes of the canary, and they have next to zero credibility and coverage in the gen pop

When was the last time you saw Susanna Reid and that gobshite Morgan holding up a tablet, showing the latest exposè from Peter Stefanovic?

Re: Re:

unkleGsif":2yyzyn74 said:
The point is, even tho and in spite of as you say, falling sales and circulation, only a tiny handful of people read the likes of the canary, and they have next to zero credibility and coverage in the gen pop
You're well out of touch. Not only are their articles shared many, many, many times more than traditional media, Kerry Mendoza is now a regular talking head on Brillo, Newsnight and similar politics shows. She was on with Jacob Rees Mogg and Simon Schama after the election. She's the new Owen Jones, dense and fame hungry in equal measure.

I'd agree they have zero credibility though. :)

Re:

Rees Mogg... now theres someone that I hold in high regard... not

All I am saying is that a headline in the daily mail has more clout than a canary tweet. Probably because their are far more dumb sheep in the world that suckle from the teet than those that who maybe see a bigger, or alternative picture.
Yes it's changing, but not as much as you think yet

Re: Re:

unkleGsif":9l7ept9b said:
Rees Mogg... now theres someone that I hold in high regard... not

All I am saying is that a headline in the daily mail has more clout than a canary tweet. Probably because their are far more dumb sheep in the world that suckle from the teet than those that who maybe see a bigger, or alternative picture.
Yes it's changing, but not as much as you think yet
It's changed far enough that Corbyn is currently stoating about thinking he sort of won the election. That's quite far enough for me.

Anyone who believes either outlet without question needs their head looking at. They're two cheeks of the same smelly arse.

Re:

Islam is a religion like any other, practiced by many different peoples and cultures in many different countries around the world. It's not a political ideology and it's not a race of people either.

Regarding the newspapers:

1. Rupert Murdoch (owns News International, Sky and Fox News) became a US citizen because he couldn't otherwise be both a media baron running Fox News and a foreign national in the US.

2. Lord Rothermere (British owner of The Daily Mail) resides in France for tax purposes.

3. The Barclay brothers (Telegraph) reside on the English Channel island of Sark and thus don't pay British tax.

4. Richard Desmond (Express) made his money from the seedier end of the sex industry.

These traditional print media news groups are owned by just the few people above. They are being run to suit the long term vested business interests of their owners – this has long had a toxic effect on British politics, the British people and on decision making in how the UK is governed.

Re:

And it's the lazy stereotyping that leads to all sorts of misconceptions and outrages against everyone one of us, no matter what faith/community/race/or anything else/insert as appropriate.

Agree completely. At the end of the day, and the start of it the folks who are driving vans into other people, and stabbing or blowing up other people, are people just like their victims. First and foremost.

When we stop thinking about any sector of society as fellow human beings, we have lost the key to solve the problems.

We cannot let others' inhumanity rob ourselves of our humanity.

technodup":3f1y0qo3 said:
This post was made by Bats who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Did someone say something?

Aye well if you weren't incensed by the comment I made you wouldn't make a point of pretending not to have read it. Fuck off out my thread then, off you pop.

technodup":2g4780c2 said:
This post was made by Bats who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Did someone say something?

What a wonderful tool!

And the ignore list is pretty wonderful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back