Finsbury Park mosque attacked by terrorist

Status
Not open for further replies.
lazyrabbit":2imix1h7 said:
Let's limit free speech and pretend that one of 'our' communities is not a problem then...

Islam = Fascism

Erm, actually your comment borders on fascism - Islam is a religion.

Increasing the 'we're not allowed to say it' aspect of political correctness only pushes more people into hate, in my view.

Besides, a few of those headlines are not even sensational. I don't agree with a separate system of law such as the internal machinations of any religious courts.

highlandsflyer":2fpf0vjr said:
Increasing the 'we're not allowed to say it' aspect of political correctness only pushes more people into hate, in my view.

Is that a random view or have you any evidence to back your claim? History is littered with examples of racial/religious or political hatred and division stoked by media propaganda.

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":29jm907a said:
I think a serious question we should ask ourselves - is it time to control our press a little more?

I agree that you cannot legislate against the actions of a drunken idiot with possible mental health issues, but isn't a big chunk of our press a form of radicalisation?

Of course it is, anyone who reads this extremist anti-muslim crap in newspapers and believes it, then they've got extremist beliefs.

I reckon you don't even have to try and control the political leanings of the papers. It'd be enough to chop their balls off for lying about facts.

You could say that you can theoretically sue them if they defame you but obviously that's not enough. I'd like a big scary government building triple checking every page for porkie pies.

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":2vnney9f said:
I think a serious question we should ask ourselves - is it time to control our press a little more?
No.

You're quite happy for Squawkbox and the Canary to pump out all sorts of unsubstantiated and biased garbage (which you're posted here) but you want the papers censored because they don't fit your viewpoint?

The very idea of media 'control' is antiquated now anyway. The internet can't be tamed the way newspapers can, in spite of what May would like. Trying to 'control' the output of a dying print industry is simply rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic. Futile and probably counter-productive.

It's more like firing torpedoes at the titanic, and also the titanic is full of bastards.

This post was made by Bats who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Did someone say something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back