FINISHED! Another Pace RC200 Rescue Thread

Re: Another Pace RC200 Rescue Thread

Quick update
I found some rough go-fast bars that fit through the stem, so...

I have a selection of Hope mono mini and M4 brakes, but the funny caliper mount thing on the back of the frame is a tad too fat to fit the caliper to :evil: so I had to use a +20mm adapter. Currently wearing a Mono Mini caliper to fit a 180mm disc. (I have some other calipers that may fit but I went for this one as I know it works, this may get sorted if I ever get the spare calipers serviced)

Braided hose threaded through the frame guides so looks tidy enough, hose was just the right length too.

Then I got interrupted by the family turning up.

Front is a standard IS fitting, was using an M4 and 200mm rotor so that will probably go back on when I get 5 minutes. The gears, mechs are already on the frame and the shifters are in the box ready to go so that shouldn't take too long.

fotorat1":1bgzi91a said:
how does the seat post clamp work- is it intergrated?

Currently there is no seat post clamp. The shots in the stand its being held up by the sticky old grease goo on the broken post. Held it fine until i put wheels in, the extra weight broke the magic and it started to slowly fall.

Dan reused the seat tube clamp from the original frame so its a detachable clamp that bolts on the top of the frame.

Re:

Holiday weekend morning while the kids are harassing the wife instead of me for a change, snook out for a quick fettle. Just the gears to cable up now

Attachments

• DSC_0617.jpg
    DSC_0617.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,721
  • DSC_0618.jpg
    DSC_0618.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,721
Re:

Putting some finishing touches on today and thought I was making good progress.

Then....

The seat post wibbles a bit. The clamp us tight but there's movement.
so I take the clamp off and let the new zoom lightweight post in, its not exactly a tight fit.
for comparison, the broken syncros post that came out is tight enough to slide in but you can pick the whole bike up with the friction into the frame.
both posts are clearly stamped 29.4.
Are syncros tending 'big'?
Is this just a slightly cack seatpost?

Grrr

Measure them in a few places with a digital vernier.

What size did your repairer ream to?

Re:

The new tube was made to original spec, so to fit a 29.4 post. The 29.4 syncros post with a broken head that I had in my other RC200 fits like a glove. So I'm fairly happy that the tube is spot on. It was my first thought though that the tube had been made a fraction too wide, but it appears not to be the case.

Back