FINISHED! Another Pace RC200 Rescue Thread

Re: Another Pace RC200 Rescue Thread

TheBear1978":3o5977q2 said:
Brand-new unbuilt frame, never been touched since 2002, latest F8 I have ever seen for sale, build now in progress :D

Yeah I saw that on ebay last month (assume it was the same one as can't be many about!), proper nice. Always great to get new stuff but that was way over my budget. This one including buying the broken frame, fixing and a shiny powder coat will cost about half as much as he was asking for the 'new' frame. So yeah, as has been mentioned a few times it's a lot of work but it's keeping the old girl alive, and hopefully I get the frame I want at the end. Hopefully.

Incidentally, I sold my old F3 frame last year for about the same as this is going to end up costing, so I'm using man maths to make it near enough net zero cost :)

Bear, been watching your build with interest, its going to be a cracking bit of kit.

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1m7if81m said:
2002 .... oh my god it gets worse

That post Millennial (Modern stuff) :facepalm:

It's not all bad :D
if it helps any the bike might be a bit modern, I say a bit as 2002 is still plenty of years ago, but the rider is definitely an early 80s model with 'patina' and wear marks in the usual places, in need of a service, with a few non standard parts.

RickTheUncivil":2vmxdfxk said:
TheBear1978":2vmxdfxk said:
Brand-new unbuilt frame, never been touched since 2004, latest F8 I have ever seen for sale, build now in progress :D

Yeah I saw that on ebay last month (assume it was the same one as can't be many about!), proper nice. Always great to get new stuff but that was way over my budget. This one including buying the broken frame, fixing and a shiny powder coat will cost about half as much as he was asking for the 'new' frame. So yeah, as has been mentioned a few times it's a lot of work but it's keeping the old girl alive, and hopefully I get the frame I want at the end. Hopefully.

Incidentally, I sold my old F3 frame last year for about the same as this is going to end up costing, so I'm using man maths to make it near enough net zero cost :)

Bear, been watching your build with interest, its going to be a cracking bit of kit.

Yep, prob did pay slightly over odds (didn't pay near what he asked for buy it now though) but then again when was last time you saw an unbuilt RC200F8 frame ? Lucky enough to be in position to be able to have it built up to my tastes so looking forwards to it :D

Re: Re:

RickTheUncivil":1j07h862 said:
Retro Spud":1j07h862 said:
2002 .... oh my god it gets worse

That post Millennial (Modern stuff) :facepalm:

It's not all bad :D
if it helps any the bike might be a bit modern, I say a bit as 2002 is still plenty of years ago, but the rider is definitely an early 80s model with 'patina' and wear marks in the usual places, in need of a service, with a few non standard parts.

Made me smile then I remembered sh1t that’s me too only a late 70’s model.

Re:

Latest from the workshop:

"the welding's done, just need to ream the seat tube and head tubes....
I have another lead on anodising, so will remove the red from the rest of the frame and give them a try."

So it's sounding promising and might even keep the original look too.

Clearing space in the shed soon to get this one back.

No further update from Dan, but the donor bike has now been dismantled so theres a gap in the shed ready.

Also came across (as you do) another of these frames in a bigger size, so might do something a bit different and pass this smaller one down to The Boy when its finished. Lets see how Dan goes first!

Oh Em Flipping Gee :shock:

Looks like Dan has come up trumps once again, in his words "finding an anodiser that can do a one-off job that big in red and not quibble about it is a serious result :D ".

Yes it was.

The frame should be back in the workshop some time next week so we can take a proper look.

Can't
Chuffing
Wait
:D

Attachments

• RC200 red b.jpg
    RC200 red b.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,177
Back