Fillet brazed Fisher Mt. Tam - is this a 1988??

ShabbaDeuce

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

Wondering what you guys know and think about the fillet brazed Fisher Mt. Tams? I always loved these bikes, however, I don't see many of them here. Are they not coveted retro bikes? I'm looking at maybe buying an '88 - the picture of it is below. All deore XT 6 speed with WTB greasegaurd hub set. I think it looks great. Any insight? Were they not the flagship Fishers in the day? How do they ride?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 5N35K25Fc3K93I63N8c61f47b9fa1b4bf1726.jpg
    5N35K25Fc3K93I63N8c61f47b9fa1b4bf1726.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 535
Dont know anything about these, didnt know GF made a fillet brazed frame, in any case I love it, looks gorgious, would love to see closer pics of the welds.

Plenty of Tam's via the RB search function!

Nevadasmith

dscn0396d.jpg

Chris' 'unused':

IMG_2468.jpg

Some(all?) put together by Tom Teesadle I think. Lovely fillets :cool:

legrandefromage of course! I'm a newbie here and to a forum culture in general. Admittedly, I need to become a little more resourceful.

So that's an 88 as well? It's beautiful, a much nicer paint scheme than the black one I'm looking at, which I haven't even seen in person yet. In fact, I looked at the '88 catalogue here and didn't see a black paint scheme, only the blue/blue and green/yellow. So maybe this is not an '88.

The serial number is 21T123

Before I decide to put some money down, I'd like to know a bit more about the bike.
If anyone has any insight into the serial number or could help with the year, that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I wouldn't think twice about it....its a stunning bike and increasingly rare. So sad Fisher succumbed to corporate hijack along with many other great manufacturers of that time.

Its just missing a Hite Rite :cool:

Compare specs here

http://mombat.org/Fisher_Specs.htm

Antstark":5m1bhh3v said:
I wouldn't think twice about it....its a stunning bike and increasingly rare. So sad Fisher succumbed to corporate hijack along with many other great manufacturers of that time.

Its just missing a Hite Rite :cool:

Compare specs here

http://mombat.org/Fisher_Specs.htm

Thanks for the link.

Going off that spec sheet, there's some indicators that it may not be an '88.

Not to worry as I'm speaking with the owner tonight, who I've been told has the receipt and catalogue from the shop where he bought the bike.

Turns out the guy who posted it knows nothing about it. He was just helping his "computer illiterate" friend sell it.

Back