Fife and Tayside rides thread

Re: East Coast Rides Thread

im a mibbee - out in dundee for ma cousins 30th so might be ok for some blairadam fun in the efternin ?

canna see me making the morning though.

Had a trundle round Blairadam on my own today (2 or 3 hours) it was a bit wetter than my last visit but I still managed to ride across the marshy bit, BTW I stumbled across a new bit after the Choc Slide. Midges were oot as well :?
I dont know what their doing with the forest but "I DONT LIKE IT" :evil: Turned in off the main road and its carnage, they've laid logs across the track between the mounds where we usually start. I also spotted a poster saying their shutting the bottom car park for nearly a month for logging. BTW highlight of the day 2 local (Kelty) lesbians, treehuggers who were chatting to me, I gave them A mobile number and I introduced my self as Keith :LOL:

Bottom line is the FC are f#cking up our woods :evil:

A nice 30 miler on the 29er today. Racked up some more strava pr's to added to this weeks tally. Even going (relatively) quick uphill.
Keith, found another singletrack section for the Arbroath ride. Saw it on a route map but the turning is easily ridden past. Knew where it came out so I followed it round backwards and now know the way in. Some bridges been replaced in the woods with all the logging, still hard going in places though.

Was in Blairadam this evening with my wife and youngest daughter. As Rob said there's logs across footpath at top carpark but nae problem getting past. The place is a mess but the trails seem to be OK. A bit wetter in places than Wed night.
The midges were being right wee bastards but didnae see any lezzers though.
The dates when they are shutting the bottom carpark are from June 18th to July 12th.

weather looking abosolutely shite for the weekend. Out wi my mate saturday night so may try to get out on sunday afternoon if not too wet. Probably just do kelty i think.

Back