Fife and Tayside rides thread

keithyr":2d406j3e said:
so saturday 2pm usual carpark for me john and gary doing lochore and benarty!

What's the "usual car park"?

If I can sort my brakes out in the morning I'll join you (thought they needed a bleed, bled them, now they're worse than ever :x ).

Re:

The car-park is the one near Kelty for Lochore Meadows (The Meedies as it is referred to around here), if you are coming from north leave the M90 at Kelty and drive right down hill through Kelty, going straight over at crossroads about halfway down, till you come to a T-junction at bottom end of Kelty. Go left here and after around 150/200 metres the road bends to left, the turn in to small car-park is on the right at this bend. It looks like you are driving into a farm but it is signposted for Lochore Meadows Country Park.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@56.13850 ... 312!8i6656

Re:

When Keith and I did this ride on Tuesday we finished in the dark as we did a bit of cut down tree removal from trail, this took around an hour or so but with sunset tomorrow being just before 4pm lights might/will be required. I'll be taking mine as it will be dark o'clock by the time we are finishing ride and also we ride along a road for a short distance to get back.

Re:

Sorry chaps, won't be sale to make this afternoons ride
Looks like the connection between rear brake hose and lever is fecked, seems to be weeping a bit of oil, which is where the air must be getting in, must have damaged it last weekend. I'll need to get a new olive/barb.
And of the 3 other bikes I've got only 1 is in "working" order at the moment, the road bike... :facepalm:
Looks like a good day to do some repairs!

Re:

Mibbees for the best as the mist was almost right down to the road here and Benarty is still covered with it and invisible from my house, which is half a mile from Benarty.
Keith and I are still venturing out but it'll be a grit yer teeth job today.

Back