Faux, Fake, Cosmetic Tioga Discdrive Prototype.

Re:

I love threads like these, the thought, skill needed and access to the right materials and processes to pull them off is often the limiting factor ... but I think you've got a good grip on all three

Will be following this with intrest

Re: Homemade Tioga Discdrive Prototype. Pic heavy

Haha, that is simply awesome, i read your initial post somewhat unconvinced, and seeing the first pic i was thinking oh dear this is going to look like a five year old has made it using toilet roll and crayons...

But wow, you blew away my initial thoughts as soon as you posted the laying of the string pic, that is fantastic, i doff my hat to you sir, bravo!

Spudly":27x5ap27 said:
Haha, that is simply awesome, i read your initial post somewhat unconvinced, and seeing the first pic i was thinking oh dear this is going to look like a five year old has made it using toilet roll and crayons...

But wow, you blew away my initial thoughts as soon as you posted the laying of the string pic, that is fantastic, i doff my hat to you sir, bravo!

That is exactly what I was thinking as I first looked at the thread :D

Awesome result though.

Mofofo":m7o4ikmm said:
Could you envisage a 29" version ?!..

That actually shouldn't be to hard (I say that but you'll know what I mean) as they (Sugino) made 700c versions so you just copy them.

I like it, I can see our group planning on copying the idea, but of course I doubt we have the actual modeling skill to try it.

I want to make one for my sons wheel chair now as the simple plastic disc/spoke guards cost a flipping small fortune :(

Re:

Love it.

Any plans to start a production run? I'm pretty confident that some people will want the looks without the fragility that the originals had.

Back