fatty needs some help

cool. the mrs suggested jogging with her and the dog in the mornings before work.

are turbo trainers noisy? can they be used in the house or are the neighbours going to kill me?

really apreciate all the comments guys and i am taking it all in. excited to get out on my bike tonight

lewis1641":1oa3o8a8 said:
are turbo trainers noisy? can they be used in the house or are the neighbours going to kill me?

They can make some noise depending what you get, I have a Cyclops Mag Trainer ( http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDeta ... uctID=8256 ) and I use it with a Continental Home Trainer tyre (much much quieter) http://www.conti-online.com/generator/w ... er_en.html

There is some whine when you crank it up but not too bad, if you are upstairs on floorboards then you might get some vibration transmitted thru the floor. I use mine out in the shed.

lewis1641":i68x83pf said:
i'd be in the kitchen which is lino over concrete.

No worries then, that would be about as quiet as it's gonna get...bear in mind some TT's are noisier than others...maybe ask who rates what (you're bound to get a dozen different opinions though :LOL: )

i have a very basic one and it lives upstairs , ive put a few towels under it to dampen the sound slightly , about as loud as a washing machine at full spin or a hoover . i dont use it before 9 or after 6

lewis1641":2siaop9j said:
cool. the mrs suggested jogging with her and the dog in the mornings before work.

really apreciate all the comments guys and i am taking it all in. excited to get out on my bike tonight

turbo trainers are fairly noisy , but they are very , very , very boring .

and you loose a lot of water before even loosing an ounce of fat .

I am sorry to repeat myslef , but run to loose the weight , and just enjoy the cycling .

I started running 30minutes , walking at times , and then increased it slowly . I still ride everyday though .

Back