Father & Son Claud Butler Restoration

The History Man":ugw4uy6e said:
I have experience of bob Jackson and can thoroughly recommend them. Donald is most attentive. Finish and attention to detail superb. Had a road frame refurbed. Click connoisseur in my sig below. Pull up a chair.

Great work History Man, just read the whole thing whilst having a brew.
Just my size of bike, as I also like the bars high due to being tall with a bad back. I'm booked in to see The Donald at Jackson's on Thursday.

All parts that need re-chroming now sorted, large & small (plus a few extra for my next project a CB Jubilee '54)

Attachments

• chrome parts.jpg
    chrome parts.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 656
The frames are now in the safe hands of “The Donald” at Bob Jackson Cycles in Leeds.
http://www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk/
factory@bobjacksoncycles.demon.co.uk
Their “Bright Yellow” enamel was a very close match to the CB “Canary Yellow”, but the CB “Ice Blue Pearl” needs a little more attention, it’s not really a pearl as we’d know it, the metal flake is quite large...too large to really be described as a pearl, so the boys at Bob Jackson’s are going to mix up a match for me. B8C268B2-9845-4D2E-A2FD-EC47A43074F9.jpeg

Last edited:
Re:

:LOL: :facepalm: :D Evening History Man, It’s just that oversized Majestic making him look small..The Donald is a giant of a man! It was well worth the visit to the factory , great service.
Some of the frames he’s got on show in his reception are of quality above and beyond, I can’t wait to get the frames back.....

I got some quotes this week for the chrome I was hoping to have done..... Wow! was my first reaction....the choice seems to be either very expensive in 6 weeks or just plain expensive in 12 weeks!
So me and Jim had a sort through and decided on what parts really needed saving and what might do with just a clean-up.

in the meantime, we wanted to stop the rust, so out comes the Rustins Rust remover, and on with some gloves for Jim.

Attachments

• Rustin.jpg
    Rustin.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 597
  • rust ease.jpg
    rust ease.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 597
non-fixie":1euift1l said:
Enjoyed the story so far. Subscribing!
Thanks Non-fixie, me & Jim are really enjoying doing something that doesn't involve a devise/screen.....With the bonus of having the wife's 100% support! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back