Father & Son Claud Butler Restoration

First Job in the strip down, breaking the chain. Then on to a complete strip down of both bikes.
Jimmy has really impressed me today, total strip-down, with only the right hand cotter pin being just too hard for him to shift!

Attachments

• frames.jpg
    frames.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 712
  • parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 712
  • dry off.jpg
    dry off.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 712
  • chain break.jpg
    chain break.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 712
PeachyPM":19kts8nt said:
This morning we were both up bright & early (almost like Christmas!)
First job; a good going over with a pre-wash de-greaser, not too heavy duty as I don’t want to loose stuff like the little Weinman stickers on the brakes or the stickers on the wheels. Then a blast over with the jet-wash (who likes working on a dirty bike?)

The face peering out of your window would give me nightmares!

Nice projects!

MatBH5":3hr7v61j said:
The face peering out of your window would give me nightmares!

Nice projects!

Cheers, that's a coconut made to look like a shrunken head made by my daughter to protect her bike! :D

Thanks for the positive comments, it was a great weekend passing on some spanner skills & he didn't once moan about not being on his X-Box!
Now both frames have every last component & fitting removed, inc the head badge.

Off to the enamellers on Thursday, but I haven't quite made my mind up yet, as we are spoilt up here in Yorkshire with two companies with a good reputation;
http://www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk/frame-resprays/
&
https://www.ellisbriggscycles.co.uk/resprays/

There's not much between them in price and both have been responsive to e-mails. so its going to be down to which one can offer me the best paint matches.
That is unless any of you have had a particularly excellent experience from one or the other?

PS Please don't respond with anything nasty about either of them, business is hard enough these days.

I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.
I have been looking at repainting my Jack Taylor and both of them were front runners. They both do some really lovely work. I am going with Bob Jackson as I have spoken with them and know they understand what I want. I haven't spoke to Ellis Briggs so that's not to slight them, just personal preference. EB have some really beautiful frame finishes on their facebook page.
Not really the help your looking for but as I said, you can't go too wrong with either of them.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":26mpv78h said:
Not really the help your looking for but as I said, you can't go too wrong with either of them.

Thanks Jamie, its pretty much the conclusion I've come to as well.

Ps, How do you create a signature here?

Re:

I have experience of bob Jackson and can thoroughly recommend them. Donald is most attentive. Finish and attention to detail superb. Had a road frame refurbed. Click connoisseur in my sig below. Pull up a chair.

Back