Fat Chance Yo Eddy 468Y2MS

Re:

Problem is cash, once I have more it’ll get fixed

Also realising that the Plum Crazy Purple is quite rare so will be sympathetically redone with some cool custom decals from Gil

Re:

Small update

Build still rumbling on, found the original owner on a FB group - colour is Lesley's Purple apparently - there was a pic of another Yo in this colour but it was a M or L

Found some Oury Grips, a Flite and some XTR Cables to make it start to come together, bought a Salsa Lip Lock as have given up on finding a DKG

Made some 1" headset spacers because I cant find any to buy (trashed marzocchi Z1 stanchion works well)

Just need to cable it and cut / install the star fangled nut

I've decided its to be ridden on the 25th Aug (JMC 25 year Anniversary) and then I'll work on getting it welded or spot welded or seat tube repair as needed, had enough of it being an ornament....

Just need to decide on fixing the Mag 21 SL's or Chucking some Judy's on for the day

whats up with your MAG 21's? I have a yo resto that i am doing at the moment also with knackered MAG 21's

Re:

I suspect the seals need replacing and new oil / pumped up

As they are SL’s I should prob try and get them refinished but not sure I want to at this point....

New to the forum, how extensive are the required repairs? Is the bottom bracket tube OK? I ask because I have similar issues on an old Kona frame.

Re:

Holy Thread resurrection batman!

Got a call last week to say my builder has a slot this side of Christmas so this is getting stripped down, and deposited

He's going to colour match the Lesley's Purple metal flake but I was deeply tempted when I saw a FatCreations Harlequin on insta the other day

All the parts are here and the legend that is Gil has designed some amazing custom decals which will be applied under the clearcoat

So after almost 5 years I may actually be able to ride this... or may sell it and the Disk Drive to fund something else....

Back