FAT Chance Titanium

Retro Spud":1r3372ew said:
Nader

You return :D great to know you still have a the passion for old bikes as been said before no ones takes a pic quite like you, although your two white balls above aren’t as artistic as the white cats in you Klein build thread

I’m on the fence with the new stem, perhaps we need a few more pic’s ;)

How do you get the right tension/compression on the headset bearings when you don’t appear to have any mechanical mechanism to apply pressure like you do with a bolt and star nut on a traditional ahead, before nipping up the bolt on the stem
I hope you're alright buddy :) ..will never give up this passion.

The pressure on the headset bearings comes through stem, since the upper part of the stem is thicker than the lower part (quill). On picture 6 you can see it.

I'll take more pictures soon.

[quote

.[/quote]

At the risk of being rude .... Without being antagonist I prefer the under the bar - far nicer and if you want to go over use a snorkel stem to keep the cable low[/quote]

It´s a late 1980s mountain bike (actually a 1993 but an 87 design) and that´s one of the ways cables were routed then: thru stem. It´s merit in my eyes is.... symetry! :D Front brake cable is symetrically opposed to the rear brake cable.
It is indeed inspired by 70s road bike cable lines but driven by function: cables should not bend drastically or it creates friction.

mk one":bcy36eiw said:
As always, great pictures!
Did they make different diameter quills for the stem then? ..
no the diameter of quills is identical (22.2mm)

mk one":bcy36eiw said:
.. or pushing bottom of quill against spacer?
yes that's all :D ..after much ride absolutely no problem so far :)

Re:

Today in fantastic weather with a great bike :D

fatti74n8k1e.jpg

fatti7504jnj.jpg

fatti769ukg2.jpg

fatti78roj4q.jpg

Cheers :)

Back