Fat and mad does not agree with summer

Blah blah blah...

It was based on her being fat, which is due to peoples intake of calories being higher than the calories that they use and having a diet rich in fatty foods.

My friends dad always blamed his excess weight on a medical disorder, until he was told by a doctor to rethink his diet or he'll die. Surprise surprise, he lost stones once he stopped eating poorly.

For clarity, if it had been a male, my stance would not have changed.

I gained the weight because I thought I could resolve my problems by drinking loads of booze every night, now I don't drink loads of booze every night I'm loosing the weight, but it takes time and a bit more exercise :D

Alison

Damn right Alison, you are one of the refreshingly open and honest people who appreciate that you're carrying a bit of timber because of poor decisions that you made and you're taking positive steps to correct it. You're not blaming a 'medical condition', or 'slow metabolism' or anyone else for that matter.

Keep going and next summer you'll be buying yourself a new summer wardrobe ;)

I had a health visitor for my last child who was mahusive, and went on and on about not knowing why, and saying I don't eat a thing. Yet many times I saw her coming out of the next village's, where the surgery is, chip shop with bags of goodies that I don't think were salads :roll: and her son who was in the same year as my oldest said his mother had only two pleasures in life TV and food, it's the kids that give you away :D

Alison

Russell":3vhcdvbe said:
Blah blah blah...

It was based on her being fat, which is due to peoples intake of calories being higher than the calories that they use and having a diet rich in fatty foods.

My friends dad always blamed his excess weight on a medical disorder, until he was told by a doctor to rethink his diet or he'll die. Surprise surprise, he lost stones once he stopped eating poorly.

You need to have a 'stance' on this?

Wow! A woman! Spectacular.

I also think who cares if you are obese! You've got nothing to hide. You're riding, right? That's something that a lot couch potatoes can't say for themselves.

However, cutting off the tendons of your wrist sound like serious mental illness and as a group, I can't imagine that we are qualified to help you on that and I suggest that you seek help ASAP! It's nice that everybody is supportive but you should seek advice and therapy from a physician since this seems to be a cry for help.

Are you English? I'm not sure how to go about getting help there but there are plenty of hotlines, etc., if you are American, should you take that step to help yourself.

GOOD LUCK and get well soon!

oh wait. It seems that you've been hospitalized. Well....thanks for sharing, I guess, and I still hope you well and on the road to recovery.

Wear what you want. You should own your psychosis and be proud that you've made it this far.

highlandsflyer":220lndr0 said:
Russell":220lndr0 said:
Blah blah blah...

You need to have a 'stance' on this?

I don't recall saying anywhere that I 'needed' to have a stance, no.

There are varying factors involved in obesity. To assume anyone who is obese simply over eats is simplistic, generalising and quite possibly wrong.

It is lazy.

Sure, you may have anecdotal evidence of those who complain about medical issues rather than addressing over eating or lack of exercise, but applying limited subjective experiences to the unknown is a child like approach to the world.

girlonbike":srv3amv4 said:
Wow! A woman! Spectacular.

I also think who cares if you are obese! You've got nothing to hide. You're riding, right? That's something that a lot couch potatoes can't say for themselves.

However, cutting off the tendons of your wrist sound like serious mental illness and as a group, I can't imagine that we are qualified to help you on that and I suggest that you seek help ASAP! It's nice that everybody is supportive but you should seek advice and therapy from a physician since this seems to be a cry for help.

Are you English? I'm not sure how to go about getting help there but there are plenty of hotlines, etc., if you are American, should you take that step to help yourself.

GOOD LUCK and get well soon!

oh wait. It seems that you've been hospitalized. Well....thanks for sharing, I guess, and I still hope you well and on the road to recovery.

Wear what you want. You should own your psychosis and be proud that you've made it this far.

I was hospitalised a while ago, I'm free now.

There are not too many women on here but we are defo a growing breed :D You'll be surprised at what people have gone through on here and I've received better advice on here than I've ever got off the proper self help group sites, and sometimes my own psych team :roll:

Alison

highlandsflyer":3diyn5o5 said:
There are varying factors involved in obesity. To assume anyone who is obese simply over eats is simplistic, generalising and quite possibly wrong.

It is lazy.

Sure, you may have anecdotal evidence of those who complain about medical issues rather than addressing over eating or lack of exercise, but applying limited subjective experiences to the unknown is a child like approach to the world.

Why do a lot of my innocent threads always end up in an argument :facepalm:

Alison

Back