Fake Chinese bike parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't report anything in this thread...

What is racist is grouping a whole nation to the same stereotypical attribute. If I said Jewish people love money or black people love watermelons, I'd rightly get told I was being racist but when you do the same about Chinese its all fair and just an observation.
Personally I don't think those are valid comparisons with this thread. Saying the Chinese make fake things is more like saying the British made rubbish cars in the 1970's. No one would think all British people were involved with making rubbish cars or that all British cars were actually rubbish. But it doesn't stop British Leyland having a rather poor reputation. Just like fake products made in China, no one thinks all Chinese people are involved in making fake products or that everything made in China is fake. Its just that are lot of fake products are made in China, although there are probably a lot of other countries that make fake goods too.

Last edited:
I didn't report anything in this thread...

What is racist is grouping a whole nation to the same stereotypical attribute. If I said Jewish people love money or black people love watermelons, I'd rightly get told I was being racist but when you do the same about Chinese its all fair and just an observation.
No, you are mixing up nationality with religion and skin pigmentation.
Chinese people are from the land of PRC.
Black people have have a type of human skin color that is rich in melanin pigments.
(And Taiwanese people are from the free democratic nation of Taiwan )

Last edited:
No, you are mixing up nationality with religion and skin pigmentation.
Chinese people are from the land of PRC.
Black people have have a type of human skin color that is rich in melanin pigments.
(And Taiwanese people are from the free democratic nation of Taiwan )
He's not. ( it comes under discrimination in the UK, and is encompassed as race)

Types of discrimination ('protected characteristics')​

It is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of:
  • being married or in a civil partnership
  • being pregnant or on maternity leave
  • disability
  • race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
  • religion or belief
  • sex
  • sexual orientation

What is racist is grouping a whole nation to the same stereotypical attribute. If I said ********************************************************** I'd rightly get told I was being racist but when you do the same about Chinese its all fair and just an observation.
Wittingly or not you are repeating racist tropes. There is absolutely no need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back