Facepalm with shifting issues

I have extracted the cassette, measured cogs&spacers, and found that the 16t is actually 1.85mm thick, rest of the cogs were 1.95mm, spacers 3.25mm. Found very little indentation on the freehub body splines (don't forget: I have 11speed cassette body with 8speed cogs..)

I've tightened the lockring with very large torque, the shifting is much better-quieter-crisper now. But I'll get a 9speed cassette anyway, as I don' wnt to stress the freehub body with the shallow spline 8speed cogs.

One 0.45mm spacer behind the smallest sprocket&a set of 3.25mm spacers between the others, and I'Ll have a cassette spaced 5.0mm. (please, don't tell me that the spacer kit is not available :) I've a buddy who have cnc manufactured ss conversion kits, fork steerer spacers, seatpost shims, stem shims, headset top cap, and several other small gadgets for free. I can count on him any time whenever I need something :) :) )

In the meantime, I've found 9speed old ratchet rings (from pointy top levers) for around 6-bucks. With them, I even have the opportunity to update those old 1996-ish 8speed levers. :)

Back