excited (another Dutch bike)

FemtoMetre":13dmbkvi said:
This Batavus bike http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0248319989 which is in an ad being sold must be from the '70s. Now, this has to be a rather unique bicycle, a folding bike maybe.
Trekking bar, adjustable stem, oversized aluminium frame, machined sidewall rims, Shimano Nexus groupset ...

Has to be 25 years ahead of its time!

:?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I am sorry, I can't tell anything on your posted bikes.

I've seen some very nice Batavus Professionals around on the web lately. I think I will prioritize one of the Professional projects.

I also found back the 93/94/95 catalogues in my big pile of literature. They cover also the Professional frames en bikes. Once I got a new scanner they will be the 1st items to be placed on the scanner.

I know of where a Batavus Monte Carlo is...that's going way back but I've seen quite a few Batavuses around here.

The bikes shown on this thread are indeed very smooth looking.

http://www.equusbicycle.com/bike/batavu ... avus02.jpg The Monte Carlo I saw was beige in colour. It would be a project but perhaps okay. Between restoring and riding, my, I've got to set aside more time for other things! :oops: But so much of what I might find, is "bike boom" stuff, as if I need another '70s bike but I didn't check out it's specs closely.

Monte Carlo must have been a deluxe model. Anyone know about these?? The Monte has the tange chrome forks looks like, the Champion doesn't. Hmmmn.

I finally had a chrome fork peel on me, upsetting. :twisted:

1995 Professional

Page from 1995 catalogue >>

3924061436_f3cd34a020_o.jpg

Shown is a full bike, but a frame only option was also available and probably mostly choosen. I think 1995 was the last year or one of the last years they built them like this.

You could choose your tubing: Reynolds 531P or Columbus SL, SP or SLX. Shown bike is built with SLX. For the SLX tubing another set of lugs was used and the absence of wrap over stays (which didn't have text ;) )tells us this is an SLX frame.

Features:

531P, SL and SP
Cinelli Aero crown
Bocama lugs
Dardanne bracket
Campa drop outs
chrome chainstay
Options: chrome fork and/or stays, routing through tt or along side tt, pumppeg, fixed or removable number plate fitting
Frame only retail: 1350 guilders

SLX
Cinelli Aero crown
Everest Microfusion lugs
Cinelli Spoiler bracket
Campa drop outs
chrome chainstay
Options: chrome fork and/or stays, routing through tt or along side tt, pumppeg, fixed or removable number plate fitting
Frame only retail: 1495 guilders

Back