EX- CYCLE WORKERS, redundancies and shop closures

Proofs in the pudding. just driven round south mancs looking for a single speed/DH chainring 104BCD 40dentures or similar to fix GF's commuter up.

Good old Bike Doctor, CLOSED (gotta ride sometime)
EBC £35 quid for TA @ 42T (loads SS bikes in stock)
Harry Hills Only tripple ring versions
Hellfrauds, didn't see owt and too busy
Ken foster NOWT (but a couple on single speeds getting served)
Cycle surgery best of the bunch E13 for £29.95 but none at that store (a few SS's in stock)

So back to the internet for me, and back to the bus for GF.

When i had just moved to a new area I needed some grips for my ma's old shopping bike. Went to the local shop and asked for exactly what i wanted whereupon the owner got out the lairiest and most expensive grips he could find and tried to make a right **** out of me in front of his customers/mates.

Little did he know I was a serious cyclist and with that one action cost himself several grand. He also was told that he wasn't funny, just a wanker and no doubt his mates thought he was too.

Just a shame that this type of person puts potential buyers like me off and in a way forces them to buy from the web.

Really wish I had a good local shop and I would be more than willing to spend money with them or at least I would have when I still had some pre retrobike days :D

Back