Emergency Contact forms - Poll

Should we implement mandatory emergency contact forms for our main calendar rides?

• Yes

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

If the rides are Everyone for themselves and you thought giving you name an number to somebody would be the end of you.
Then do the others just get to ignore the crash and continue on their merry way leaving you to sort your broken leg out?

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2tz40ra5 said:
If the rides are Everyone for themselves and you thought giving you name an number to somebody would be the end of you.
Then do the others just get to ignore the crash and continue on their merry way leaving you to sort your broken leg out?
We'd obviously stop to strip said persons bike of all nice parts before we left them of course :LOL:

clubby":31j13c3j said:
As soon as you took the post of Deac and took on an officially announced that's exactly the line you crossed whether you realised it or not.
I'm not talking about it for every ride, just the big official calendar ones.

Are you suggesting that AECs/DEACs are legally liable for any and all events on a main calendar ride? :shock:

clubby":31j13c3j said:
I'll pm John with a link to the thread to get his opinion.

Be interested to hear Johns take on all of this.

DynaCol":kkf21j7t said:
FluffyChicken":kkf21j7t said:
We'd obviously stop to strip said persons bike of all nice parts before we left them of course :LOL:

I'd be worried then if I were you. Klaus and I were both eyeing up that Trimble on eBay before you stole it.

firedfromthecircus":kqyapoxh said:
Are you suggesting that AECs/DEACs are legally liable for any and all events on a main calendar ride? :shock:

In the unlikely event of a major incident I think the a lawyer could probably argue that quite successfully. It's the sad reality of today's culture, everyone is looking for someone to blame. It's all very well saying none of us would do that to one another, but none of us are currently talking from a wheelchair.

clubby":2dsv2hmp said:
firedfromthecircus":2dsv2hmp said:

In the unlikely event of a major incident I think the a lawyer could probably argue that quite successfully. It's the sad reality of today's culture, everyone is looking for someone to blame. It's all very well saying none of us would do that to one another, but none of us are currently talking from a wheelchair.

And you are happy with that?

I struggle to take responsibility for my own riding, let alone anyone else's! :LOL:

clubby":26hrygr7 said:
I'd be worried then if I were you. Klaus and I were both eyeing up that Trimble on eBay before you stole it.

:LOL: :LOL: Fair enough i'll watch out for you pair on the next ride, trying to jam sticks in to my spokes.

clubby":1u5l3g6f said:
RobMac":1u5l3g6f said:
Does every one have a mobile on their person during one of these rides?
Do you have a ICE (In Case Emergency) number on that mobile?
Is your mobile locked?

Do we take the persons word that its YES to the first 2 questions?
And the last thing we need is a locked mobile.

And everyone's running Strava which has drained the battery or it broke in the crash ;)

On family members on the mobile, i have 'who' in brackets next to it. Mum,Sis etc.
Anyone looks would know who to contact.

Re:

Voted yes, don't have any problem with doing this, just common sense really. Though I don't see the need for one person to have to carry them all, each individual could show proof that they are carrying the relevant info.

When I thought about it I was surprised that most of the guys I've been on rides with are known to me, and I to them, by forum nicknames. I generally carry my wallet and always my phone in my 'sac when I go on a ride as leaving my wallet in the car in a carpark that we are then leaving en masse not to return for several hours just doesn't seem sensible to me.

On a group ride we are all responsible for each other, why would anybody want it otherwise? As part of that responsibility we need to give the other riders the info they need to help you if required. Your name, car reg, emergency contact person/number and any relevant medical info (if applicable) is not exactly giving away state secrets and in any event will not be read/used unless something actually happens to you.

Re:

Aw'right lets try this another way, instead of us trying to justify why this is a good idea lets hear why it isn't :shock:

Back