EGS Synchroshift Holy Trinity

Re:

Have you got a link to the Arch Rivals on eBay? My searches haven't turned anything up.

Also considering the Mrazek new version of the Marinovative:
brinf.jpg

All the best,

The Arch rivals are gone... They were a buy it now item at 195$ for the set.
The Mrazek brakes look cool but seem to lack refinement (design-wise). How much do those cost?

The Mrazek brakes look cool but seem to lack refinement (design-wise). How much do those cost?
They're $79 USD each for the alu ones (105g + pads), and $99 each for the magnesium version (77g + pads). Website here.

I do like the Extralites (and I have got one of their F2 Swinglink frames in the pile)... but they're not currently available. We have got a trade account for KCNC, but they are frighteningly light, like the AEST (58g + Pads!). Not sure that I'd trust my life to them.

Anyway, it'll be a while until I get to needing the brakes for either project, so I'll keep a watch out for others.

All the best,

"KCNC, but they are frighteningly light, like the AEST"
I got a set for my wife's commuter that's not going to see any serious riding conditions and they work fine but I wouldn't trust them on a downhill run, the Extralite ones I would.
I would say wait until a set of Arch Rival Ultimates set pops up for sale and get those. I have a set sitting on my desk, the quality is amazing, and the look would go perfectly with the EGS stuff. I always toyed with the idea of making a set of V-brakes like the Paul Motolites but with a carbon fiber tube arm bonded to alloy inserts, ball bearings, Shimano style paralell pad adjustment, the whole shebang...

Re:

Here are the brake levers :)

107g for the bar clamping left one...only 15 parts this time :shock:

All the best,

Attachments

• EGS BRake Lever top side.JPG
    EGS BRake Lever top side.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 2,289
  • EGS Brake Lever under side.JPG
    EGS Brake Lever under side.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,289
  • EGS Brake Lever shifter mount.JPG
    EGS Brake Lever shifter mount.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,290
syncrosfan":30cb0a9n said:
I think a member here from France "Mofofo" or something like that has a EGS group-set.

Here I am !

I do not have a complete group-set, as I sold the shifter, that I find too heavy, too ugly, and with no possibility to use other brake lever.

So, I only kept 2 rear derailleur, one on my LTS thermo (work in progress), and another that I preciously keep in my stock :

13779464413_db4ef900d9_z.jpg

So, my LTS with Proshift twister and KCNC levers :

16526257131_cb549a6eab_c.jpg

16526256261_1720cfec1d_c.jpg

15907791143_9c62db704b_c.jpg

16340273988_a4c78437cc_c.jpg

16340273498_276c507d88_c.jpg

16340503150_4642c9b210_c.jpg

...and funny thing for french CNC lovers : Monday I will receive an alloy Hurrycat Vorace, and a XL Fournales Cobra disc (the one with integrated stem !)...
But I still don't know if I will use these or just keep in stock..

Use either the Vorace or the Fournales on the STS. The AMP fork looks a little lost on the massive frame... The Fournales is going to be lighter, the Vorace offers you the possibility to go for 100mm travel and uses a regular shock (not light though)... wasn't aware that Spin wheels come in the disc flavor?
"as I sold the shifter, that I find too heavy, too ugly,"... c'mon give them a chance. It's not ugly it's "special" in a utilitarian kind of way. How does the SGS shifter compare to XTR in regular usage?

Re:

The AMP is definitively THE fork that I want for my LTS thermo !

It's for my next project, a STS-DH, that I don't know if I will put the Vorace, the Cobra, or maybe my second Manitou Dorado carbon...

16579692676_4385f41d46_c.jpg

As I still have a Fournales on my STS-DH, and a Dorado on my STS-Lobo, I am pretty sure I would try the Vorace..

(you can see my bike in my signature)

Sorry, but I never use the EGS shifter.

But I have some nice pdf file about it, if you give me your email, I could try to send these to you..

Re: Re:

Mofofo":1gjw8don said:
for my next project, a STS-DH, that I don't know if I will put the Vorace, the Cobra, or maybe my second Manitou Dorado carbon...

pics :

16634593791_f74e83122a_c.jpg

16449843969_7f3619213b_c.jpg

Back