Ebay dispute : am I being unreasonable ?

nickfrog":22epx9fk said:
I agree and I will not buy from abroad in future. I might be OK with Wales and Scotland, just.

:LOL: I can already see the contact member form on E Bay....."The E Bay member you are trying to contact is in another country and may speak a different language " :LOL:

On refection, I have reluctantly sent the guy a conciliatory direct email agreeing that I have been a little heavy handed and for him to ship on Monday at the agreed rate of 20 USD and that there would be no feedback from me if I get the goods.
If he does not reply by Sunday night though...

Opening a dispute after only three days is stalker behavior. :roll:

nickfrog":1ls37mnz said:
On refection, I have reluctantly sent the guy a conciliatory direct email agreeing that I have been a little heavy handed ...

Good

utahdog2003":2du3tzhn said:
?? You're clearly judging other people by your own standards mate.

Not responding to 3 messages is clearly the sign of a weirdo if you want to go down that route.

nickfrog":3ptx4bwe said:
utahdog2003":3ptx4bwe said:

Not responding to 3 messages is clearly the sign of a weirdo if you want to go down that route.

Easy guys, this is a friendly place...

When buying on fleabay or anywhere else, I usually allow a week or so grace to post the item, and dont really get hung up on messages... You never know what may have happened to stop the seller from messaging...

The price hike is a touch cheeky, however...

On refection, I have reluctantly sent the guy a conciliatory direct email agreeing that I have been a little heavy handed and for him to ship on Monday at the agreed rate of 20 USD and that there would be no feedback from me if I get the goods.

Yeah, good move me thinks... Hopefully this will get things moving for you.

He has replied saying that he never quoted 20usd despite me sending a copy of his own message. He said I should not have paid prior to receiving confirmation of postage. I have asked for full refund.
He is definetely a weirdo/scammer/fraudster and I am pleased I opened a dispute that quickly now.

nickfrog":80kk50uj said:
utahdog2003":80kk50uj said:

Or maybe he's busy? :?

nickfrog":80kk50uj said:
He has replied saying that he never quoted 20usd despite me sending a copy of his own message. He said I should not have paid prior to receiving confirmation of postage. I have asked for full refund.
He is definetely a weirdo/scammer/fraudster and I am pleased I opened a dispute that quickly now.

He should not have asked for another 6 bucks, but I don't think that makes him a scammer. Either way, I don't think you helped yourself out by assuming he was taking you for a ride so quickly.

End result, though...Another US seller who learned the hard way not to offer international shipping.

[quoteEnd result, though...Another US seller who learned the hard way not to offer international shipping.[/quote]

:( Sad....but most probably true.... :(

Back