Ebay deal gone bad, Paypal gone crazy. EDIT : solved

Re: Ebay deal gone bad, Paypal gone crazy. What now?

If the rollcab is in Belgium can't you contact the person who is was sent to, explain the problem and make arrangements to get it back, surely cheaper than £180? Seems the the simplest solution to me.

I only have his address but no phone number, no mail and apparently he doesn't have a facebook account either. IF I were to get in touch with him, it'd be in a language I don't really speak (or like) and I'd have to rent a car that's big enough and drive 120 miles to pick up the rollcab.
The cost of the rental and fuel alone would be well over £100, nevermind the fact that I don't drive a car myself and hence need to rent a friend's services for more than half a day.
Also, it was supposedly delivered there on May 9th. I really doubt he'd have it boxed up still.

The seller told me yesterday that he contacted the courier and would let me know as soon as he knew more. That's the same thing they told me 2 weeks ago, and 2 weeks before that, and 2 weeks before that.
We'll see what happens. I made it pretty clear that I really need an answer before Wednesday evening.

Raging_Bulls":1cfuqhzk said:
I already have the N1 form, but still need to fill it in. I also need to find out which county court Mirfield (West Yorkshire) falls under.

Imay be wrong but I don't think it needs to be his local court. Whatever is most convenient for you,or most inconvenient for him, would do.

Re:

Because the deadline for the claim had been reached, Paypal contacted me to inform me of their longer procedure for these cases. Basically I'd have to go to the police, report the item is missing and send a copy of the police report to Paypal. That way they could leave the case open.

I told them that there was no need for that and that I was getting in touch with a lawyer to take the seller to court.
Apparently that did set things in motion. Paypal now suddenly decided that they can give me a partial refund after all.

I also did a check-up on the seller's feedback profile, and they replied to my negative feedback with "item shipped by TNT with tracking number xxxxxxxxxx". Of course that's the number with the other guy's name and address. :roll:

Either way, a few more days and the money should be back in my account.
What a relief, I really was worried that I'd have to go to the UK to sort this mess out.

Surely you need evidence of crime before the police will care, not just a seller making a major cck up?

Still, I'm glad common sense broke out and you got your partial refund.

Re: Re:

Raging_Bulls":3cogeyaa said:
Because the deadline for the claim had been reached, Paypal contacted me to inform me of their longer procedure for these cases. Basically I'd have to go to the police, report the item is missing and send a copy of the police report to Paypal. That way they could leave the case open.

I told them that there was no need for that and that I was getting in touch with a lawyer to take the seller to court.
Apparently that did set things in motion. Paypal now suddenly decided that they can give me a partial refund after all.

I also did a check-up on the seller's feedback profile, and they replied to my negative feedback with "item shipped by TNT with tracking number xxxxxxxxxx". Of course that's the number with the other guy's name and address. :roll:

Either way, a few more days and the money should be back in my account.
What a relief, I really was worried that I'd have to go to the UK to sort this mess out.
I believe you can reply to his reply...

Back