Ebay auctions relisted.

i've recenlty dealt with a return to a seller.
bought a bag for my lady, she used it for less than a week (and not even everyday for that matter) and it just fell apart.
Granted, it was listyed as used (Topshop bag). i felt this wasnt on really, so contacted the seller, who refused to accept a return.
i basically badgered him saying that stating the item is 'used' doesnt mean you can sell an item that falls apart as soon as you use it.

he eventually gave in (quote: 'i dont have time to argue') and refunded the cost price :D

he didnt have to, but i was persistent enough (but still polite) and left him good feedback for it.

i specifically hold back on some feedback for some items, as this can serve well if issues come up after you have bought the item. glad i did for this one.

other than that, i've only had a couple of other 'items not sent' or 'out of stock even though i;ve taken your money' which have all been resolved through ebay and constantly contacting/badgering the seller.

but, there will always be the case of the complete b**tard who just wont give in.

just always look at the sellers feedback and also items they've sold previously plus what else they are selling to get a picture of what they may be like.

most of the bad guys on ebay aren't criminal masterminds, so the scams are usually easy to spot.

As a seller I've only had one time waster when selling a bike frame, the buyer dropped out after winning..No money. Why bid!? Still can't shift the dratted thing. But the worst experience on ebay is with clothing. Clothes I have bought have been far off the mark as far as matching the description given is concerned. Thankfully the sellers concerned have conceded without intervention from Ebay or PP.. I have bought the odd item that has turned out to be not what I required but that's my problem & usually gets resolved by putting it back on Ebay.

So far I've been lucky. The slightest whiff of bullspit in an ad or from a seller though and I'm gone. That probably helps not getting burned fingers!

Ive a habit of watching something from the start only to get tied up in something in the closing moments and missing it. :roll:

Latest posts

Back