Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Re:

Here is my muddy fox,s and c cycles frame built with parts from a donor bike.Its actually a Muddy fox city frame,which is more city biased,and therefore has narrower chain stay width and no cantilever bosses,hence the caliper brakes.

O snap.. I like what you've done with that, here's my 1984 S&G by Araya "muddy city" all original except cable inners, brake pads, tyres and a re paint.

file.php

file.php

I have hunted everywhere and can't find a reference to this one, hence jumping on this thread. Is it a muddy fox? Was there such a thing? Fat tubes aluminium? I rather like it but can't buy yet another bike just because I like it I now need to look at buying nice bikes....just because I like them. If I have anymore heavy iron bikes Devon will sink. :LOL: I have got as far as the frame looks like the Alu Sport etc.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 651
Well, this is crazy. Yes, I can identify this.
My mum won this bike in a promotional competition, so it was a legit, one-off. However, it wasn't the right size for her.
I was working in what was Young's cycles in Lewisham at the time, and having a word with a sympathetic boss, it was exchanged for a Raleigh Pioneer off the floor stock, and this went in it's place, I think with a £350 price tag on it. Who bought it I don't know, as it didn't hang around for long. Nice explorer yellow plus graphics.
I imagine it was one of the first gen "new" muddy foxes, as it didn't have the features of the earlier Alu frames (pierced top-tube etc).
Good score. Where in the country did you find it?

Hi "elite504"
Marvelous information. It's in Devon, but I can't agree a price with the current owner. It needs work as it sounds like it's been neglected, gears don't work etc. I reckon it's £50 worth as I have a 90 mile round trip to get it. owner wants £75. I actually thought £40 was a better price but came up to £50.
I see it is perfume brand sold in Boots etc.
I might be wrong, but I don't see it as a bike with a following. On Ebay now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/muddy-fox-re ... 2763.l2649

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

thank you

a new one : an Adventurer, gift from my neighbor :xmas-big-grin:

20080610074620476016953184.png

does anyone know the year of this bike :?:

Back