Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

Is there such a thing as a comfy 88 seat comparable to a modern one or do you gave to suffer for period correctness? Have modern seats on my 88s for this reason.

Is there such a thing as a comfy seat? LOL

Having spent my youth (and a fair part of my adult life) riding 80s BMXs with hard plastic seats then anything with a bit of padding is pure luxury. Your derriere gets used to any seat after a while.

The History Man":11j0d76i said:
Is there such a thing as a comfy 88 seat comparable to a modern one or do you gave to suffer for period correctness? Have modern seats on my 88s for this reason.

Rolls, just done an hour on mine, first decent ride with it and couldn't feel a thing.

Here's a pic from today, couldn't actually ride this part of the route as it was too boggy from all the horse traffic.

Entered PoTM with this too.

Carl.

That is a gorgeous looking fox and a great picture too Carl.
It's so damn hard to find the original saddles in good nick.
Why not get a brooks? some look right and I hear there like arm chairs!

I use turbo saddles on muddy fox, no problems..

Brooks did a really nice looking mtb saddle with springs and yellow painted rails. Not sure what the model was called now. Ive only ever seen a couple but they looked awesome!

Splatter Paint":2lxiw7rq said:
1991 Courier Mega

Sweet, dinky one that, was it the one on ebay? It looks like good condition to me. Utterly bombproof frames, not the lightest but they ride really nicely, very comfortable.

Carl.

Here's my " lightly restored " 87 courier. I had some pearl white rattle cans mixed and sourced some stickers off here.
Wheels respoked.
Still great fun after all these years.

Attachments

• 2012-09-16 15.44.39-1.jpg
    2012-09-16 15.44.39-1.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 564
Here is mine, picked it up this week.
In such a great condition!

p4pb10723736.jpg

p4pb10724451.jpg

p4pb10724478.jpg

p4pb10724470.jpg