Early 80's classic leather Detto shoes size 45 / UK 9 - 9.5

Jonny69

Senior Retro Guru
Decided I'm going to part with my lovely Detto shoes since I don't use them.

They are black leather uppers with a velcro fastening over the top, not lace-ups. I believe they are a very early 1980s model which was the first of the Detto shoes to have a plastic sole and 3-bolt cleat fittings. They take a traditional slotted cleat on the adjustable middle fixing or any modern 3-bolt road cleat on the outer fixings. I've got Look Keos on them but you'll need some new cleats. Note: they can't be used with SPD cleats.

I acquired them NOS. I've commuted a couple of times in them and done one 25 mile time trial and that's it, so apart from a couple of light scuffs on the bottom of the sole from walking on the gravel on my drive they are in nearly new condition. I'm selling because I don't ride with cleats and they are basically wasted on me. They are incredibly comfortable, which is why I've been reluctant to part with them.

Fitwise, they are a Euro 45 which is a comfortable fit on my UK 9 feet, will be a snug fit on a 9.5 but I think you'll struggle to get a 10 in them unless you have very narrow feet.

These are INCREDIBLY hard to find in this size, hence £75 delivered.

yAJnbC4.jpg

white look pedals first appeared in 1985 and were used by hinault in the 86 TDF , i would guess these shoes are from 1986 > onwards

Attachments

• tdf_ofs5923.jpg
    tdf_ofs5923.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 635
Cheers for that. You're probably right about the year. They aren't specifically for Look cleats, but that's what I've got fitted.

Back