Dynatech seatpost slipping ?!

I think X-Lite posts were 25.0mm and they all used a shim to fit whatever size seat tube you had?

jimo746":2bpjd351 said:
I think X-Lite posts were 25.0mm and they all used a shim to fit whatever size seat tube you had?

this one is defo 27.0 and stamped as such

the OEM post is also stamped 27.0

Re:

Maybe I misunderstood you. Thought you were looking for 27.0, but maybe you were in fact saying that 27.0 is the wrong size. he he.

You could try this in silver 27.2 and this in blue 27.2.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ljamesb":3qfx36ia said:
LittleSkink":3qfx36ia said:
quick update, just had a play with a 27.2 off one of my kids bikes

needed to bend the clamp bolt open a little with screwdriver but 27.2 will go in, snug as you like but goes in about 3" ok

looks like I need a new post . . . bugger . . . anyone know where I can get a nice one cheap? Whats the going rate for a nice condition 27.0 Xlite?
Was looking for 27.0 seatposts also and didn't fancy spending lots of £££'s on a metal tube :LOL:. See my post here as I found a couple of nice, light seatposts cheaply on ebay (links in the thread). I think those sellers have different colour options too if you look at their other items.

Hope this helps!

I'd go for a USE one - XLite ones cannot compare!

If you have 27.0 post but need 27.2, make a shim from a coca cola can, it is 0.1 mm thick. Note some cans e.g. beer cans can be thicker.

can I bump this and check with folks that 27.2mm is correct for a Royal Blue Dynatech Diabolo STX SE (I believe '95 has the blue paint fade to Ti on main tubes)

DSC05625copy.jpg

Got me a new 27.2 post (PlanetX Team 3D in white finish) and it only goes in 3" - so I figure this is probably right as a 27.2 post shouldnt go in a 27.0 hole

plan to get LBS to run a 27.2 reamer down to clean it up - so want to be really sure . . .

generally the min insertion mark is at 100 mm (4 in).

Can you see what stopping it going further.

It woukd take a fair amount of force tk stick a 27.2 post into a 27.0 mm tube, never tried it so it may not be even possible.

Is the seat tube steel? Id try cleaning it upl with fine wet n dry attached to a broom handle first.

Is it possible that the seat tube is bent?

Re: 27.0 seatpost

FWIIW I have a Raleigh M-Trax Ti 1000, and this takes a 27.0mm seatpost (says 4130 heat-treated).
Also I used to have a Raleigh Montage ATB with 501 ATT tubing and this also had 27.0 diameter seatpost (as did a Reynolds 531 Super Touriste frame on a Condor touring bike).
So it seems quite a few of the non-racing Reynolds frames (M-Trax uses 501 rear triangle) made for 27.0 posts.
Do not try to force a 27.2mm post in.

Back