Drop bar brake levers cable pull

Re:

Hi,

I'd be interested to see a pic of how your levers are positioned on the bars as I have a GB Arret Lever on one of my bikes and you have to pull it an awful long way before it touches the bars.

Failing the levers Midlife suggests, perhaps a pair of levers which do not have quite as much curve as the Arrets might help?

I'm not familiar with Wooden Rims, so I assume the cork pads are used to protect the rims? If, so would those pads they used back in the day with leather inserts help?

Steve.

I could move the levers down the bars to help but then the levers would be in a position that I would not use them in so I would be no better off. The bars are old maas bar and have very deep drop. More like track bars really. Maybe I should change the bars. There is a thread for this bike anyway so pics there.

The cork pads compress. I have to go through about half the levers travel before I close the 1.5mm or so between the pads and the rims then the pads simply compress.

Pads with leather inserts where do I get those? Making them is simply time I don't have. It has taken a year to get this simple bike from restored framset to build bike.

I have some modern levers I will try those and see if that make the problem better.

Back