Donnay r800 (Alan Record Lugs & CarbonValley Frame) [1987]

tadaaaaan
with decals provided by alan...
and with one of the most comfortable saddle that i've never use... a brooks cambium c15... heavier than the previosu selleitalia filante, but ATMO more indicated to this special projects.
I've tested also the bike with this wheelset and...WOW! DuraAce7400 set were so smoothy and comfy...but a little bit heavy compared to the frameset...this amazing set weight only 1490gr and (also considering that i've paid it moreorless 100£ new...) and give a totally different feeling to the bike!

Attachments

• front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 578
  • 3quartirear.jpg
    3quartirear.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 576
  • 3quartifront.jpg
    3quartifront.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 582
  • driveside.jpg
    driveside.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 579
Re: Re:

mattiamerca":2g9sa35a said:
i've started from this orrible set up

Great work mate, love everything you've done on that bike!

Are the shifting levers still the 8 speed Shimano 600? Or did you upgrade to 10 speed Dura Ace matching the cassette?

Re: Re:

mattiamerca":g5u8hkd6 said:
Thanks mate!
600 8speed..but in friction mode it serve well 10speed..
I'm searching fot a pair of duraace :)

Nice :D Yeah those levers are hard to come by for small diameter frames. I see them regularly for "flat" alloy frames, but not for round frames..

First of all - beautiful ALAN labeled bike

DONNAY - there's a lot of discussion about Carbon Valley and Donnay and the analogy to ALANs Record Carbonio - the used fork looks like the same of Aluminium , which used French manufactuer DURAVIA within their MACH 3 Carbon road frame

so that's my knowledge about background story - I hope it is correct !???
... Donnay the famous tennis racket manufacturer 70-80s goes bankrupt after their stellar tennis crack Björn Borg retired - so Mr Tapie owner of LOOK, boss of the LaVie Claire Cycling Team and co-owner of TVT bike building know-how (he financed a five year joint-venture with TVT a subsidiary of French carbonfiber parts producer TCT for lightweight bonded carbon frames) bought DONNAY from Belgian goverment, which saved the company. Then he try to find other kind of products. So he thought to do the same he did with the TVT deal and co-operate with ALAN and the Italian Carbon manufacturer Carbon Valley to produce lightweight bonded frames based on ALAN's lugs and know-How and French TCT' carbon tubes labeled as DONNAY .. .similar to TVT-LOOK but not so successful in the end

... here try to find the difference exept the fork with ALAN pantos and the rear of the seat lug with the ALAN pantos too

that's an ALAN Record Carbonio (hopefully?!), which will slowly transform into a Replica bike of the Spanish Teka Team 1987/88
within the next coming months if MAVIC parts available

Attachments

• ALAN_record carbonio_R.jpg
    ALAN_record carbonio_R.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 517
gridno27":3ruc0dqx said:
we had a lot of discussion about Carbon Valley and Donnay and the analogy to ALANs Record Carbonio - the used fork looks like the same of Aluminium , which used French manufactuer DURAVIA within their MACH 3 Carbon road frame

That's my knowledge about - I hope it is correct !???
... Donnay the famous tennis racket manufacturer 70-80s goes bankrupt after his stellar tennis crack Björn Borg retired - so Mr Tapie owner of LOOK, boss of the LaVie Claire Cycling Team and co-owner of TVT bike building know-how (he financed a five year joint-venture with TVT a subsidiary of French carbonfiber parts producer TCT for lightweight bonded carbon frames) bought it from Belgian goverment, which saved the company and try to find other kind of products. So he thought about the TVT deal and co-operate with ALAN and the Italian Carbon manufacturer Carbon Valley to produce lightweight bonded frames based on ALAN's lugs and know-How and French TCT' carbon tubes labeled as Donnay

... here try to find the difference exept the fork with ALAN pantos and the rear of the seat lug with the ALAN pantos too

that's an ALAN Recors Carbonio (hopefully?!), which will hopefully transform into a Replica bike of the Spanish Teka Team 1987/88
within the next coming months
Wow!
Thank You so much!
You're a living enciclopedia! I've appreciated all these notes, And now i' m more happy to have starete tgis project!

gridno27":3o1hrktc said:
that's an ALAN Record Carbonio (hopefully?!), which will slowly transform into a Replica bike of the Spanish Teka Team 1987/88
within the next coming months if MAVIC parts available
I'm looking forward to see your bike completed...
mine are based on a very low budget...the Shimano 600tricolor was a precious gift (with the aero seatpost and the nice quill-stem) of a friend of my father, the wheelset are too modern but good (i'm thinking to remove the stickers in order to have a black look wheels) and the crankset is not in line with the rest of the bike... but will increase step by step as soon i'll find the correct components at "correct" price

Back