Donnay r800 (Alan Record Lugs & CarbonValley Frame) [1987]

rikster":40zidvro said:
So the mystery of the new-old unknown alu-carbon roadie is solved! Congratulations!
A very interesting reply from A.F. at Alan about the Carbon Valley and Donnay frames, very good of him to take the time to explain the story about their production.
So are you going to get the decal kit or leave it as it is?
Thanks and many thanks to Alan!!!
I'm thinking to leave it as it is...
although it's been used Alan's lugs, is not an alan, so it would be a little bit inconsistent to call alan.

nm1MbxH.gif

I've got one exactly the same...bought un-branded and then fitted with full Mavic groupset. Now wears "Alan" decals.

Go find it, they look so good.

Way2many":1mvnivu3 said:
I've got one exactly the same...bought un-branded and then fitted with full Mavic groupset. Now wears "Alan" decals.

Go find it, they look so good.
I'll order them tomorrow...

I'm so undecided about the seatpost...
This bike will be used more or less 4-5 times a year (usually i ride my old bianchi for the daily commuting, my BICE for the epic ride, or the mtb)... and I can't decide between a classic Thomson Elite (25.0 are available only in black) and a cheaper kalloy one...

Just noticed...straight blade carbon forks, oh lala...very nice!

On the seatpost decision, go for a post with a typical set back of 20-25mm as an in-line will make the handling quite sensitive, these frames have a short wheelbase already so no need to 'adding' more weight on the front.

Way2many":6xff6k4o said:
Just noticed...straight blade carbon forks, oh lala...very nice!

On the seatpost decision, go for a post with a typical set back of 20-25mm as an in-line will make the handling quite sensitive, these frames have a short wheelbase already so no need to 'adding' more weight on the front.
thank you!
and thanks for the valuable suggestion!

a little upgrade :)
or better... a light upgrade...

new wheels for the old-plastic bike...
Syncros rp1.5 (by dt-swiss) x 1.490gr
with Continental tires and 12-30 10v Ultegra cassette (so my dad can use them also on his Bianchi Via Nirone)

now it's really fast

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 410
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 410
  • driveside.jpg
    driveside.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 410
Decals on the rims a little too bright for me, but the wheels suit it just fine...now get some Alan decals on that frame!!!

Way2many":d3ktgamw said:
Decals on the rims a little too bright for me, but the wheels suit it just fine...now get some Alan decals on that frame!!!
i've got a White set... I'll put them the next weekend :)

Back