Does anyone have a pic of BB UN-92?

Altagir

Retro Newbie
Hi all,
I've recently had a heated discussion on another forum where a guy kept saying that the UN-92 BB had never existed. The argument was: 'I've seen UN90/91 but not 92'.
I tried to google and, to my surprise, haven't found a single pic of UN-92, only some specs and a few lines of info. All I know is that it was the XTR flavour and much less common than 90/91.
I myself have UN-52 (ca 80,000 km old by now) on my road bike and used to have 72 at some point, so was curious about the 9x family.

Does anyone by chance have pics of this magic UN-92 with the nr on it? And what was the difference between 90/91/92?
Thanks.

XTR/DuraAce was only BB-UN90 and then BB-UN91 before it went BB-M950.

XT/Ultegra had UN-70/71/72/73

Then UN-50/1/2/......

As for difference, erm
Un90 came with the tool, Un91 didn't?

Not saying there definitely wasn't a BB-Un92, but if there was it'll have been released 1996 when the other UN-x2 and the M950/7700 bb came out and Shimano know nothing about it on the document site, nor is it in the catalogues iirc.

Last edited:
Thanks all - yes, this is exactly my problem:
>There's plenty of bikes on here that have UN92 on their spec sheet ...... hard to see from the pics though.
I too have seen quite a few bikes with UN92 in the specs and even chatted with a guy on the mtbr forum who said he had this BB - but not anymore :)
The rarest BB ever...

Latest posts

Back