Do you people wear helmets and gloves??

I haven't been off road yet but will be doing so soon enough. I have a giro helmet somewhere are they any good think i should wear one for my off road use.

Always wear both no matter what I am doing, quite glad to about a month ago popped down the road a car coming the other way tossed a stone up and hit my helmet right by the temple ... I shit my pants with the speed and noise of the impact :shock:

Had loads of head contact with the ground/road. If people want then wear. If not then don't. The choice is yours. We are adults you know the risks.
I once got hit on the head while walking down park lane. But I'm not going to start wearing a crash hat to walk round London.

Always wear both off road and usually when commuting, gloves only when nipping to the shop or when riding the Klunker (except Dalby last week when I wore one). Only takes one big hit to change you and your families lives for ever.

Si

Sometimes wear gloves. In the cold they keep yer hands warm, in the heat they help with grip when things get a bit sweaty!

Helmets: Always, always, always.

They're not expensive, they're well vented these days, so they don't make you too hot. OK, they may mess up your hair, but think about it, you'll look a lot sillier having to have someone wipe your arse for you the rest of your life!

Off road, if you're not crashing you're not going fast enough, and on road, well, cars. Enough said.

Only my opinion, but I think riders without a helmet look stupid. When I see someone riding without one I get similar feelings of contempt as when I see a pregnant woman smoking.

Rant over.

dbmtb":2v11uxq5 said:
Mitts - for as long as I can keep them on but they usually have to come off after a couple of hourse as my fingers start to go numb.

Dude, you need some new gloves. That should not be happening.

Never worn either but with a letigous society and judges prone to asking 'was the plaintiff wearing a helmet when he was knocked off his bike and broke his leg?' I suppose I should start.

My head is still superglued together from a previous accident, but then I was 14 and hats werent widely available....

legrandefromage said:
Never worn either but with a letigous society and judges prone to asking 'was the plaintiff wearing a helmet when he was knocked off his bike and broke his leg?' I suppose I should start.
quote]

Why would a crash hat save your leg from being broken :? :?

tintin40":2hm0qpxi said:
legrandefromage":2hm0qpxi said:
quote]

Why would a crash hat save your leg from being broken :? :?

They have recently said that they will reduce compensation pay outs for cyclists injured when not wearing a helmet, regardless of the injury.

Edit, here's the story: http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/ne ... 945716.stm

Back