Do you people wear helmets and gloves??

Helmet always. I insist my kids do, so it's hypocritical no to do so myself. Anyway, after one concussion BITD, it's not an experience I'd want to repeat.

Mitts - for as long as I can keep them on but they usually have to come off after a couple of hourse as my fingers start to go numb.

Perry a race wow, i have noticed that quite a few of you guys are going into races. Am i the only one on here that doesn't race you lot are all pro riders.

Think i may well get a set of gloves sound like most wear them.

Don't tend to wear a helmet when faffing around town/skatepark but pretty much always when riding off road. I have a 'pisspot' type for when I'm on the Trailstar and a proper Giro XC lid for retro riding.

As for gloves, until a week ago I had some nice SixSixOne comp gloves but I somehow managed to get very drunk on the way back from riding and lost them... oh dear! I also have a pair of Endura mitts which are better for summer XC use anyhow.

I am thinking i should wear a helmet really but oh i don't know

I'm using Madison mits at the mo'

Good quality and not a bad price. They are fully synthetic with a really comfy palm. They also dry very quickly too.

Al. :D

dirtjumper_dmr":2g6xjdfc said:
Don't tend to wear a helmet when faffing around town/skatepark but pretty much always when riding off road. I have a 'pisspot' type for when I'm on the Trailstar and a proper Giro XC lid for retro riding.

As for gloves, until a week ago I had some nice SixSixOne comp gloves but I somehow managed to get very drunk on the way back from riding and lost them... oh dear! I also have a pair of Endura mitts which are better for summer XC use anyhow.

Hi there hows you??

Drunk while riding a bike now that is seriously scarey stuff fun at the time

The only time I don't wear gloves or a helmet is when I ride to the local shop down the backroad, and on the turbo trainer. It's as much a part of cycling as wearing a seatbelt in a car is. I forgot my helmet when driving to Nant-yr-Arian recently and had to creep around the trails. Confidence was gone.

I personally can't see why anyone would ride without a helmet and gloves? :?

I have had countless spills where I would have received serious head injuries were in not for my lid. If you are knocked off by a car, or going fast down hill on rocky terrain and you come off, there is a good chance you will hit your head. The rest of your body can be mended or even replaced, but you only get one skull and if you smash it, chances are you will die. For the sake of a sweaty head I prefer to increase my chances of living in an accident, on road or off! (of course I am bald so don't know the pain of messed up hair ;) )

As for gloves, it's a comfort thing - I wear a 10 year old pair of full finger jobs, the padded palms ease the impact of bumps and vibration, the kevlar backs protect my hands from bushes/scrapes and they keep me warm in the winter. :)

Thinking about it all of this makes me sound a bit of a light weight, or like I need to stop falling off, OR maybe I am just really EXTREME! :LOL:

always wear a helmet...

had a crash and landed on my bonce once and it saved me from serious injury... seen everal others land on their head too with helmet cracking force and they have all walked away..

always wear gloves too...

hands are normally my first point of impact if i do have an off and they save painful palms!! work excellently as a nose wipe too!

rojo":3recj3ma said:
Hi everyone was wondering if you guys wear helmets, i never used to and was wondering if everyone does now??

I see in the thread about posting pic's of yourself that some people wear gloves, so how many of you do?? I have never worn gloves is there a reason to wear them?? Sorry if that is a thicko question.

One decent crash and you will no longer need to ask that question :LOL:

Worn a helmet since '89, where we ride during the week you would be insane not to (lots of trees/hard stuff to hit)...I've even switched from fingerless MTB gloves to Fox Unabombers now after I cut my hands up badly in a crash last year....just think it's the first thing you put out when you take a spill so it makes sense to have some protection there.

I would NEVER ride without a helmet anywhere.

Back