do people begrudge other people earning a living these days?

I thought we are talking about the warranty though wrt the design, why should he expect to have it replaced (or your road bike down a black run), when it wasn't sold for that or designed for that despite what it may actually be capable of (I don't know the frame in question and never will.)

To be honest it sounds more like a 'trendy' bike sold as a track bike. But did LGF still make a living out of it?

No never seen the Northern Classics, you mistake me for someone who takes an interest in some people racing (I assume it's a race)

* I have no idea what your career is and others are reading too.

If you made an F1 car into a Rally car it wouldn't be an F1 car, now if it was made of glass...

highlandsflyer":3go6irjd said:
I started mountain biking on a racer back in the mid seventies.

Nuff said.

Damn right and taking massive air on old jalopies around the local skateboard park...helmet less of course !

You're forgetting the frame material - titanium which behaves very different to steel

But clearly you are all engineers

Re:

Everyone completely missed the point.

Larger gentleman. Track bike. Assuming fixed wheel.

Fixed gear braking stresses the frame in different areas to disc or rim brake braking. And if you are running a heavier gearing you will also stress it by stomping where you'd normally use a lower gear.

Then using a track bike (track riders don't "brake", ever) on varying gradients is going to stress it more than the same bike if it had gears and brakes.

Does that solve the argument?

I thank you.

Re:

Hence calling it a 'Trendy' bike, they have various names around here. But it's not a commuter bike so should not be covered as such.

Back