Do I have the fastest GT Tequesta......

If that's genuine, then good going :p I've never got above 40mph on a road bike- gears top out and wind resistance takes its tool- ye really do need a huge long hill. I doubt I'd have Los Cojones for it, anyway.....
And right enough, speed isnae impressive- stopping is! Couldn't fancy slowing from that speed on ultegra rim brakes- nice plastic coated rims ye'd get.......... :shock:

Crayons":oyhuru1i said:
Here's a challenge though, try riding back up it :LOL:

I did ride up it, I had to stop twice for a little rest though. My lowest gear is 28:28. We rode to the second cattle grip where we stopped and had a banana before turning round and riding back down. We rode all the way there just to ride up the hill. 116mile round trip. Not sure what scares me more now, the thought of riding up it again or riding back down.

Two weeks earlier I did 50.3mph on the A358 between Chard and Axminster. They are the only two times I've topped 50. Mid 40's every week on my way home from work though!!!

Oh and the computer was calibrated using the patented tipex, chin on handle bar, one eye closed, tape measure method :D

It's the fastest I've ever seen a Tequesta go. That must count for something ... nice work!

Anyone got a speeding ticket on a bike?

I clocked 50mph on my 92 GT Bravado once.
I think that bright yellow may be slightly less aerodynamic than a nimbus paintjob. It did have Mint Sauce stickers though...

I'll have to try and get there with a road bike when I'm that way in May.

There's a few 1:4 hills around here but they're off the beaten track. One of them is on the Pilgrims Way and is off road. ;)

Ive hit fifty odd mph before offroad, when I was about 14, in the days before fear, pain, having to go to work tomorrow and accurately calibrated computers happened.... :shock: :? ;) :LOL:

Xesh":1n2gcjvc said:
I'll have to try and get there with a road bike when I'm that way in May.

The 1:4 bit is to short and windy for big speeds its the 18 to 1:6 bit at the top. there's a cattle grid too which I bunny hopped at near 50mph before the big push. Not sure I'd want to do that on a road bike.

Porlock hill is on the A39 and climbs very steeply from near sea level up on to Exmoor, 1300ft in less than 2 miles. About 10 miles further down the road the A39 drops back down Countisbury hill. 1300ft back to sea level in about 2.5 miles making it nearly as steep and apparantly its alot straighter than porlock. I've not been there but I reckon Countisbury has more speed potential than Porlock. Maybe one day I'll head over that way with a 53 big ring ;) Its a long way down off to the right though :shock:

I got 46mph up on my Bickerton Mean Green going from Huntingdon to Brampton on the pre Dual Carrigeway A14 in 1990

Latest posts

Back