Dmr trailstar

Just purchased a black 2001 dmr trailstar for £120.It has bomber z1 mcr forks,hope headset,Hope c2 front disc brake,Hope big un front hub laced to a mavic d321 rim,Shimano xt rear rim brake,Chieftain 2 cranks,Dmr chain guide,Shimano xt shifter and xtr rear mech :D The frame is in really good condition with only minimal signs of use,forks work well,front hub may need new bearings,everything else seems to be in very good mechanical order! Am I right to feel chuffed with my purchase? :oops:

Re:

Thanks,I know the DMR is not exactly 'RETRO' but i think i have killed my cannondale killer v (cracked frame) :cry: .So this should be a nice little project for the summer :D Sweet merlin by the way! :D

Re:

Retro enough this is 98> after all! :)
Really like trailstars.

The merlin was nice but then changed the frame to a GT avalanche, but another frame has just arrived a 2000 Kona Stuff.
I want to have the option of doing some streety trials type riding so it's smaller at 18" but still big enough for longer rides. :)

Kyle

The kona should do the job well,I had a 16" kona scab,back in about 2000.Great bike,I rode it just about everywhere.It certainly lived upto it's name though ! I will upload some pics of the Trailstar when I get some spare time--- Google 2001 Dmr trailstar on bikesoup, and you should get the original listing for it (I have swapped the tyres for dmr moto's,changed the bars and stem for my old Kona ones, and given it a good clean so far!)Thinking about changing the crank also!

Latest posts

Back