DMR Trailstar - BB dilema

yeah theres certainly a nice wealth of info on that one page..:)

i found it here at http://dmr-massiv.blogspot.com/ , a nice little site plus it highlights a few of the different generation of frames with some cool builds. seems like everyone has trouble getting hold of the decals for them once theyve removed them.. hence lack of top tube decals.

good site thanks for the link , ill be sending him a pic of mine at some point

yep the new graphics look gash in comparison :(

im sure if someone removes them without ruining them they could easily be scanned . my current one came in bare steel so didnt have the chance , dont even know what colour it was originally . ive been considering spraying it satin black , but i need to get around to doing the dirtbike first :LOL:

once the scale of the stickers is set we could have any colours we want , i remember years ago a writer for dirt mag had some in silver

i was having a bit of fun with these last night, so basicly any colour variant could be used if you wanted something to match a build..

the other decals would be fairly easy to reproduce as they all seem pretty simple in design but as you say you just need some quality reference to go by to get em spot on. its been hard finding anything decent on the net

Trailstarcopy.jpg

Those'll be damn useful if I get one that needs a repaint. Satin black (or maybe red oxide!) with single colour vinyl graphics'll do me :)

my terrible one was red oxide for a while , always looked grubby and had a very pottery look to it :LOL:

also considering a creamy yellow with white stickers

the yellow frame was particularly rare

So did any of you get the blue / silver ones then??

I've pretty much decided I'm only out for a complete bargain at the mo. Would be all too easy to jump at the first frame that comes up, & then have to fork out a fortune for all the bits I'll need to build it up - I'm not good at having half built bikes lying around!

I've been needing to have a clearout for a while, so here's my incentive - I don't get to build a new bike until I've made space for it :LOL:

i think the blue one went for about £50 and the satin silver £75

too rich for me :LOL: didnt even bother putting a bid in

I managed to get myself the silver frame in the end, didn't bother with the blue one...quite fancied the silver with blue decals. Went for a bit more than i expected though. Had to get my girlfriend to put a last minute bid in for me on her account as I was out riding at the time, didn't expect it to almost reach my maximum bid! Oh well. They seem to fetching some higher prices now them older frames. There are a couple of early ones on there right now that look pretty good..one even has spare top tube decals for it!

The frame should be with me tomorrow after a slight delay with the postage.. but im looking forward to it :)

Back