Disc brake adjustment...going mad!!

.... 's good job the shop are fitting else we would have had 8 pages in the thread entitled "how to remove and fit bearings to a marin"
rofl.gif

02gf74":3m20gzwd said:
.... 's good job the shop are fitting else we would have had 8 pages in the thread entitled "how to remove and fit bearings to a marin"
rofl.gif

Ok fair comment! I did look into it but needed a bearing press tool etc and I just thought I'm bound to stuff it up! So fair play to the shop...

...perhaps it was written all over my face when the guy behind the counter said "No offence but its not something you should tackle" :shock:

Thought they would do that despite my cautionary post earlier. From what I remember when I worked in a shop, Marin and Specialized had excellent customer service and often went beyond what was expected, even for those who weren't the original owners.

For example a mate of mine have an original Mount Vision which was thrashed and used as a short travel DH bike. When it eventually snapped, he was given the DH version as a replacement! I'm not the biggest fan of their bikes, but the aftershave is awesome.

So the bearings are replaced not clicking or creaking and the movement in the rear swingarm has definately been reduced! Saved me 70 odd quid + fitting! Free bearing kit and in the end only cost me £15 in labour from the LBS happy days!....so what did I do? Decide to change the disc brakes!!! Well they were too good to pass up!

Thanks to everyone

Doug

Back