Disadvantages of winning millions

xerxes":22hqb0ph said:
None that I can think of. :D

A couple of things I have considered.

Buying up all the 1 penny chews available, thus causing a shortage, so I can then sell them all at 2p and double my money.

Buying an expensive sports car and having the personalised number plate "Tuesday". I would then only drive it on a Tuesday so that everyone would assume I had another 6.

Brilliant :LOL:

I had a similar idea many years ago. I'd buy a feck off wide Lamborghini in bright green but I'd also get some extra keys to go on the keyring, Ferrari, Porsche, Mclarren, Zonda etc. plus another Lamborghini key. Then when I went over to my car to show my friends I'd thumb through the keys muttering the names as I went until I got to the Lambo key, then when I couldn't unlock the car I'd be like "oh hang on, that must be for the orange one" :mrgreen:

One thing worth bearing in mind is that 90% of lottery winners have no money left after 5 years, so at least you'll get to see both sides with some perspective.

no disadvantages be able to do all the class a drugs,and have a doctor on stand by to put you right;
just like m Jackson oh wait a min

As a lottery winner myself I can tell you exactly what I did with my money.

Took the old trout for a meal in Wetherspoons, back when they still had fish and chips on the two for one deal.

I think I had some change left from the tenner.

I was with a syndicate at work and when I left work I was given my winnings £67, boy did I go wild :D

Alison

Isaac_AG":hq06as8q said:
What do you think would be your disadvantage of winning millions? Mine would be I'd think I could drink every night but then I'd end up seriously obese and die early but would I be able to resist. The advantage would be I could buy a house to fit my family.

Your thoughts?

Alison

I can't think of a single disadvantage -

We'd spend some money re-roofing our house then probably sell it and buy a smaller one, with a sunnier garden and a nicer workshop.

We'd give our children some of it - what they ultimately ended up doing with it would be up to them.

I'd buy a newer car and a newer van, plus a Steyr Puch Haflinger and a couple of classic trials bikes to restore.

My wife and I wouldn't have to work, so we could spend more time in Greece than we can afford to now and travel to and fro whenever we fancied.

We'd renovate the buildings in Greece that we bought last year, so that we could use them as an extension our home there sooner rather than later..

We'd spend €100,000 of it on the house near to ours in Platsa that our Albanian friends Luan and Lena would dearly be able to afford to buy but probably never will.

Flying to America, I would look forward to riding Repack but not being stuck in a plane no matter how good super first class is and definitely NOT in a Tristar.

Biggest problem would be the arguments with the other half about how to spend it, and then there would be all the so called freinds wanting to borrow £10, £50 and never paying it back.

buying that house in the alpes, skiing and riding my bike, nice food cold weather and warm home, fresh air, just me my girl and my cats... oh well;D

Back